PDA

View Full Version : new parents

littlestars26
06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
hi just abit of advice i have recently just registered and i have had a parent look round there want a full day friday and then want tuesday and wednesday alternit months. what would you do?

Bananabrain
06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Depends on how full you are, how much you need the money, how many other enquiries you've had recently etc etc.
If times are 'ard, for you as they are for a lot of us, I'd go with it.
You can always give notice at a later date, if it's a pain.

Bananabrain
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Just read your post again, not sure if you mean two days a week on alternate months or just 2 days a month.
Either way,I would base my decision on how much I needed the money!

littlestars26
06-01-2010, 08:20 PM
how do you mean giving notice at a later date. well i had one more for 4 full days which i can take then maybe another 3 days but one of the days is a weds i wud be full but neither of these parents are def as the other one is

Zoomie
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Can you afford to work 3 days a week, for an average of only 2 days pay a week (1 month = 1 day, 2nd month = 3 days therefore average is 2 days) ?

Alternatively, as they are using the extra days every other month, then you can either charge fully for the days in the month they don't use, or a half fee retainer, to keep the days available. First option obv better for you, but 2nd option may make the parent at least willing.

littlestars26
06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
hi sorry there want two full days a week but want to alternit one of the days monthly. this would be my first child

P.Miracle
06-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Sounds like an ideal beginning if you ask me! As this will be your first child, you won't be over-whelmed and thrown straight in the deep end with a mon-fri 9-5 contract.
The days you do have with the child can be prepared for and planned, ect in advance as you'd have plenty of time to think of what to do with the child in your care.
Also, if things go well for you and this family who knows what the future will bring?- perhaps the parents will become more confident with you and want to work more hours as everyone gets comfortable with this arrangement?
Good luck and hope to read the outcome of this! =)
PMx