PDA

View Full Version : My kids really embarassed me tonight (update) xxxxx

Gizmo
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Mum and Dad came in to pick up lo as usual and I couldnt even talk to them for my 2 jumping about and really acting up, told them to go and sit in the living room until they left and they ignored me, it is the first time in 6 mths of cm that this has happened and the was I spoke to them after parents where away I hope it will be the last, and where was dh oh sitting in the kitchen ignoring the full thing gggrrr men and gggrrr kids

youarewhatyoueat
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I've had this a couple of times and the last time I turned to the parent and just said 'excuse me I'm going to have to remove my son' when I promptly dragged him into my husband and told him to remove him.
I totally flipped at them both when the mum had gone, safe to say it hasn't happened again,lol but it is so embarrasing, even my teenage girls suddenly decide its a good time to start talking to me and I just glare at them.

TheBTeam
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Yep i have the same problem, to the point where i am surprised sometimes i have not lost children over it, but i think to some extent parents realise we are only human, our children are only human, and if they didn't misbehave sometimes then maybe that is more worrying, I am sure there children have done it to them.

That said i still go mental at mine!:laughing:

grindal
06-01-2010, 08:31 PM
This sounds so much like my house when mindee is collected. DS1 hops around me shouting UPS - he is nearly 4 and DS2 runs around my ankles shouting mummy mummy mummy mummy mummy...... and yep if hhe is around DH does.......Nothing:angry:

It's a small world
06-01-2010, 08:55 PM
thank you for posting this I thought it was just my son who did this and was ready for giving up as felt that parents would hand notice in thinking my ds is not suitable for their child to be around (luckily 2 of them are friends so know he can behave) but this still is embarassing. Tonight has almost had me in tears. 2 school mindees (7&9) mine(6) all sat calling each other childish silly names..told them to stop then my son got all upset that they were calling him when he was doing the same...they all fell out and 2 mindees (siblings) wouldnt include my son so he got stroppy and so on and so on....decided I couldnt cope anymore and just wanted to write termination notice because if they cant get on whats the point in carrying on...anyway after a harsh talk and my ds giving back chat and getting v stroppy I sent him to his room and told him if it carries on and they can't get on or he cant stop getting upset at the slightest thing when his behaviour is the same and hes not innocent I may as well give up on cm and he can go to either a cm or after school/holiday clubs (no family nearby) and mindees mum will either have to give her job up or find another cm soon..... I got soooo depressed tonight and to make matters worse think mindees heard me talking to son in his bedroom.:( :( :( ...later on one mindee came and said sorry and they eventually got on...the money is good for the hours but just dont think Im cut out for this job espcially with older mindees...son and I not getting on at moment (vvvvvv long story) so this does not help.....sorry to have gone on..sometimes when I get on here I just let everything out.on a bit of a downer at the monment...... my main point is that some behaviour I have experienced is obviously normal after hearing how you children behaved tonight...hope your talk worked.

caz3007
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I find as soon as the mums walk through the door, mayhem walks in with them too. It doest matter how old they are,I look after children aged 2 - 11 and like someone else said, my older son (17) must talk to me at that point. Luckily most of my mindies have been with me for a long time and the mums are great.

suez
06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
yep same here, my 2 girls 11+13 always choose to start a argument with each other minites before parents come i tell them trough very gritted teeth that if so n so's mom could hear you behavin like that they wont send their children here so i would have to get a different job, as soon as my door knock i give them THE glare thay know not to carry on then......till the door shut's!!! :mad:

mummyof3
06-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Mine do this too :blush:

I told dh that I was going to have a chat with a parent in the hall so could he entertain our 2 boys. I spent half of the chat stopping to remove them from the door and the youngest crying for me!! :angry: His reply was he was making tea :rolleyes: :eek:

You are not alone :laughing:

amanda1309
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
mine do this too. DD can be a nightmare and DH sits on his lazy backside letting it happen. I never know who to get more annoyed with:laughing:

sarah707
Ds used to do this to me when he was younger! :laughing:

He's 14 now and a lot better... but still sometimes chooses the time parents come to ask for food / telephone / computer / drink / help with homework :rolleyes:

I think it's a territory thing... she's my mummy and in my house I am king.

It does get better... eventually :D

The Juggler
This sounds so much like my house when mindee is collected. DS1 hops around me shouting UPS - he is nearly 4 and DS2 runs around my ankles shouting mummy mummy mummy mummy mummy...... and yep if hhe is around DH does.......Nothing:angry:

ditto in my house - I sometimes (if they are in particularly crazy mood) send my two to play in their rooms after tea and they are forbidden to come down until after the last pick up otherwise, they get the toddlers to run around the house, up and down the hall as soon as parents come and turn the tv on mega loud, or the music!!!:panic:

madredann
06-01-2010, 09:22 PM
It is embarrassing but when I think about it, it is funny I just wonder if the parents think it is like that all day?:laughing:

gigglinggoblin
06-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I was running room to room with a potential mum on the phone tonight, as soon as I picked up the phone 2yo ds started screaming at the top of his lungs, nothing wrong just hates me giving attention to someone/thing else. I could hardly hear what she was saying and she must have thought I am an awful mum!

It's a small world
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM
After reading this thread I feel at little bit more at ease and more normal...not the only one fed up when children mis behave when parents around..restored my faith in my job again (well a little...having a bad time at the moment but this has helped...thanks)

AliceK
06-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I was running room to room with a potential mum on the phone tonight, as soon as I picked up the phone 2yo ds started screaming at the top of his lungs, nothing wrong just hates me giving attention to someone/thing else. I could hardly hear what she was saying and she must have thought I am an awful mum!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: My DD does this EVERY time I'm on the phone (she's 2) It's impossible to have a phone conversation with her around

xxxx

Pipsqueak
06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Do you know what - I think many parents are secretly relieved to see that you are NOT some superhero childcarer and that you have your problems too!
At least that is what one parent told me. She was beginning to think that I was 'perfect' lol (I wish):laughing:
I think its how you deal with - I remove my children or just say, excuse me my children have picked this moment to be rude/ill mannered etc and then once the parent has gone - flip at kids/dog/hubby etc lol.

i remember last year going to the panto with my son and mindee and two rows in front was my sons nursery teacher with her daughter. Wow it was fantasic to see her daughter acting up and her struggling to control the situation - prior to this they way the teacher had carried on at school I was beginning to think she was the perfect parent and her daughter was actually and angel!:D

Tatjana
06-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Well i've had a good belly laugh at some of these :) :laughing: :D

My youngest son has done similar and i've also worried parents would never return! But luckily they did, they must know all kids have their mad moments.

Luckily when dh is around he will take charge of our boys to leave me to deal with mindee/parents, phew!

xx

mushpea
07-01-2010, 07:03 AM
My kids used to be absoulute nightmares when other parents turned up then we lost a child because of 'all the chaos at pick up time' and i sat them down and explained why this child was going and how it would affect us going on holiday and gave them the' i will have to give up and go to work leaving you with somone else chat', They have now thankfully calmed down and 9 times out of 10 are fine although my daughter has also developed this 'need to chat' thing when parents arrive , shes just turned 11 so knows better.

HomefromHome
07-01-2010, 07:30 AM
lol - i have my own dd playing up but the 2 mindees do too!!!!!! usually dragged screaming from the house!!!

Gizmo
07-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks once again you have all made me feel so much better, glad its not just mine and all your kids are horrors as well :laughing: :laughing:

Mum brought the lo in this morning and the girls stayed in the living room :thumbsup: We will see how it goes tonight I will keep you posted

Thanks

The Juggler
07-01-2010, 08:22 AM
It is embarrassing but when I think about it, it is funny I just wonder if the parents think it is like that all day?:laughing:

I know sometimes I think they must think if I can't control my two I must be rubbish - other times I think they must think that if I can cope with it like that all the time, I must be a saint:laughing: :laughing:

loocyloo
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
my 2 do it too! DS in particular acts like a screaming banshee!

either that, or they decide that they MUST talk to the mindees mums and tell them everything or anything that is going on! luckily the majority of my mums chat back!

x

Joannechildmind
07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
my dd does it and she is 8 :eek: im sure its an attention thing she also talks to the parent about there child like he jas been very good today :rolleyes: i sometimes wonder who is the childminder.

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 12:49 PM
My dd is the worst for playing me up in front of the parents - she is always showing off and being a little madam.. she is as good as gold until there is someone to show off in front off. On monday night she decided to run about outside the front door in just her socks in the snow as I was letting a mum out - and when I told her to come in she just ignored me which is NOT like her - I wonder sometimes what the parents must think about my dd when she's like this - I feel like saying, she not like this usually :blush:

I have told her from now on to stay out of the way when the parents come to collect or else!!:mad:

Gizmo
07-01-2010, 06:44 PM
They came in to pick up tonight, said to me its very quiet in here tonight, I told them after last nights behaviour the kids have been asked to stay in the living room when I have any parents in, mum and dad just looked at each other and smiled so they must have talked about it when they left mine last night, I told them I dont want you to think that the kids are misbehaving all day they just seem to get a bit excited when the doorbell rings

TheBTeam
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
This has just reminded me of a prospective parent visit for care for her 4 year old son, well my dd who was a few months younger decided that day we were going to have no nice or good behaviour and she gave me and the boy a really hard time, she snatched his toys, shoved him, refused point blank to share, shouted at me, generally made a complete nuisance of herself, to the point that the mum said, maybe i should come back another day! Well the joke for a while was that perhaps she was coming back to give me some parenting advice!

Well she did come back and I cared for the child for almost 4 years till he changed school!