PDA

View Full Version : Minimum amount of hours

Adiamond
06-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Good evening, I have just had an enquiry :clapping: :clapping: first one in AGES!!!!! and it is for a 14 month old while mum goes on courses for her job, she said the courses vary in length so for example will only need me for 1 hour sometimes :eek: I said that I would need more hours than this and she said thats fine we have arranged a meeting for Saturday.
I need this work and I know that there aren't many enquires going around at the minute so I am thinking that I should just take it as anything is better than nothing!!
Do you think I should charge for a minimum amount of hours? if so what do you think it should be?
Any advice much appreciated thank you x x x

PixiePetal
06-01-2010, 07:46 PM
I have a minimum 5 hours. If they need less, I need 5hrs pay.:)

Goatgirl
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi,
I have a 6 hours minimum over a week for part timers :-), not sure where I'd draw the line for someone wanting to use up part of a full time place..
Depending on the least and most amount of hours, maybe you could set a weekly minimum amount... or a higher hourly rate under an agreed number of hours; this would encourage her to use you more..?

Er... ok, that ramble probably hasn't helped much, but good luck with deciding what you're happy to accept.

bws, Wendy :)

nannymcflea
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I had a minimum pay of £10 for odd timers, thats because I had a space that I could fit odd ones into. If they are taking up a space you are saving for a full timer then it's different but I was earning enough to be able to do this.:thumbsup:

(this was per session)

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I have a minimum charge per day of £20

Zoomie
06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
i have 10 hours min for preschoolers per week

I found that working an hour here or there stopped mindees from settling in properly / or taking years to :laughing:

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
My min at the mo is 4 hours at £4, but I am considering changing it to 5 hours, - works out to £20 per day

angeldelight
06-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I do a min of 8 to 10 hours for a week

Some parents only want 5 hours a week and its not really much is it

If a parent now wants 5 hours they still have to pay my min rates

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

Adiamond
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks everyone, I need to have a good think and decide what I am going to charge as my minimum amount... I feel quite excited haven't had an enquiry for ages best get cleaning lol x x x

georgie456
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Interesting thread - this is something I have never considered before. I will be adding something to my policies straight away!

Winnie
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
minimum amount is £15 which works out at 4 hours, of course they are welcome to collect child sooner but the charge would still be £15.

Joannechildmind
07-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I have a very part timer (3 hrs a day) and now her brother is at school it means my pay is only going to be £9.00 per day, now she is an easy going child but i feel quite angry that she is taking up a place for £9 per day! might set a minimum amount :rolleyes: will have to think about that one.

Adiamond
10-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Well after a few days of getting advice from you fantastic people, re-doing alot of my paperwork and cleaning the house making sure everything was ready for my prospective new mindee...... SHE NEVER TURNED UP :angry: no phone call, text, email, NOTHING how rude are some people?????

Aww well at least my house is nice and clean and tidy :)

Thanks everyone for all your advice on this one :) x x x

Zoomie
10-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry, she didn't turn up.

I am starting to think that if parents do call you need to get them through the door as soon as possible.

Twice I've had a week or so btw call and 'meeting' and both times parents haven't pitched up. Even though I called on them back again the day before to reconfirm they were still coming.