PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary?

Bendy
06-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Just had a call from Ofsted to find out if I have any mindees yet, they want to arrange inspection and will call again in two weeks. I'm panicking as I have not even looked at SEF is it essential to complete and how long realistically will it take?:eek:

I've only just got my head around EYFS and there never seem to be enough hours in the day.

Bendy

gigglinggoblin
06-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I dont think you have to, however I was so glad I did! It took about 3 hours once I stopped putting it off and it meant I could sell myself in a calm, thought out manner rather than scrabbling around for answers to the questions during the inspection (when I pretty much went to mush). Lots of people dont want to but it definately helped me.

Princess Sara
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
You do not have to complete it, but it is sooo helpful if you do.

I only managed the first few questions, but what I did was good enough to please my inspector.

What I would say (and she did too) was complete the questions as well as you can, instead of rushing through to get them all done but not as well, iyswim?

childminder54
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I filled mine in and was asked a lot of questions, and still with me for 3 hours.

veronicax

miffy
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
It's not compulsory but if you don't complete it the inspector will want to see/know how you reflect on and evaluate what you're doing.

In theory, completing the SEF should make your inspection shorter as the inspector will have answers to some of their questions on your SEF - not sure I believe that :rolleyes:

If you can't do it all then make a start and tell her it's a work in progress.

Good luck with the inspection

Miffy xx

sarah707
07-01-2010, 07:47 AM
There are a lot of comments on inspection reports saying the SEF needs doing... despite it not being compulsory.

If you can get something in some of the boxes it will help you :D