PDA

View Full Version : Holiday chart for daily diary?

katickles
06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I was thinking of doing a little holiday chart for mindee's diaries.

I thought that I could write any booked holidays in there so parents can see them & are reminded by them.

I would then update it as/when any extra holidays were taken.

Does anybody do this? If so would you mind sharing your charts as I am abit unsure how tbest o design it.:blush:

miffy
06-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry don't do one but think it's a good idea - I always put my holiday dates in my newsletters but usually end up having to remind everyone so would be good to have it in their diaries.

Miffy xx

katickles
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks Miffy. This is it I thought that by having it on the chart they can't turn round & say they didn't know:D

Louise_Oaktree
06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I buy my diaries off ebay from a lady who makes them and there is a section at the back for childminder and parents to list holidays, although most parents don't bother, then the only one who did changed their mind and didn't tell me!

sarah707
06-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I put my holiday dates in my newsletters which I post on my website...

I think it's a good idea to put them in the diary :D

wendywu
06-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I dont do a chart, but just type my holidays out and it is stuck into the front inside page of the dairy. :)

madasahatter
06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I give parents an A4 sheet with my holiday dates on it. I also stick a smaller version in the front of the LO's daily diaries. I use A5 page a day diaries for my daily diaries as there is space for parents to make comments too (and surprisingly they often do!)

katickles
06-01-2010, 06:36 PM
All sorted :D

I made a holiday calender with all the months on etc

then I have highlighted in pink my holidays & any mindee's in yellow.

Really simple but should do the trick nicely.