PDA

View Full Version : advice re dyslexic childminders

Kelly
06-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone

I am a support childminder for a childminder with dyslexia, we have discussed ways in which she could implement the EYFS such as using a dictaphone to record children and taking lots of photos. I thought she could also use a dictaphone for planning, but to be honest that seems a bit pointless. I was wondering if it would be OK for her to take photos of any Risks for risk assessments? this childminder has actually been minding for years, but needs some support as paperwork such as SEF are really worrying her.

Any advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Mouse
06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
How does she manage with normal, everyday paperwork?

I have a cm friend who is dyslexic & she has a special filter for her computer which enables her to be use the computer for most of her paperwork. I don't know how it works, but she manages perfectly well with that. Paperwork does take her a bit longer to do, but she just asks for any forms etc to be emailed to her so she has it on the screen. She's a support minder herself.

Most of the EYFS stuff is on disk, so if your cm could use a screen filter she could get most of the info she needs that way.