PDA

View Full Version : Contract Review

igglepiggle
06-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Me again - with another odd question!! I'm getting dates sorted with my mindees parents for the end of March at the moment. They are all teachers. Last year, one parent didn't give me her days until the past day of the july term - which was fine as I only had her son on my books at the time but I am pretty much full now and was just wondering - what is a reasonable date to ask parents to let me know what dates they will be working next academic year? ONe set of parents are , shall we say, slightly scatty!!!

Annie_T
06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
soon as they know get them to let you know

i no idea tbh as i not worked with teachers x

littletreasures
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I have all teachers children.

The timetables for the new academic year are usually sorted out by May half term, so the parents should be able to let you know by mid-June at the latest.

igglepiggle
06-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks little treasures!
I have put 'by the start of the summer term' on the review letter - should buy them and me a bit of time. I know it's down to the head teachers at the end of the day but at least they can broach the subject with them!!

youarewhatyoueat
06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I also have teachers and go across 2 counties so I download the next 2 years timetables off the council websites and allow 5 extra days for teacher training.
If you go on the school websites they often post the years dates when they return in the september. To be fair i'm usually given most of the dates and having my own children at school I don't find it hard to get the dates.

igglepiggle
08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks, it's not so much the term dates as the actual days they want - they're all part time. WIll give them a heads up to mention it to their head teachers....