PDA

View Full Version : kids can't play outside due to problem neighbour

Lincsminder
06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Our neighbour had an extension built a few years ago and he still hasn't finished it. This wasn't a problem until we also had an extension and part of the old drive has been concreted to make a play area for the children, its where we have our sand pit and water table and rideons. Now because our neighbour hasnt fiinished off his roof there are 6 piegons living in it and there are pooing all over our play area, it is absolutly covered. I borrowed a pressure washer a few weeks ago and cleaned it all up but now its really bad again and the birds have taken to flying from his roof our fence dropping eving more poo on our grass. So there is no where out side for the children to play.
I have spoke with him and he just laughs and says he will do something about it soon but he never does. I threatened to shoot the damm birds but unless he finishes the roof more will come back. Im was hoping my cat might try to catch them but he aint too bothered.
Is there any thing more I can do? does my neighbour have to do something aboutit or not?

balloon
06-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Phone environmental health and ask them for advice, it sounds to me as if it's a health issue. x

nannymcflea
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Phone environmental health and ask them for advice, it sounds to me as if it's a health issue. x

Was just about to type the same. It's a health issue.

Tink
06-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Same here at the end of the day it's stopping the children from going outside and it's not on, phone up, get advice and I hope you get it sorted x x x silly neighbours

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I would also talk to the council as they gave the permit to build

Rubybubbles
06-01-2010, 11:45 AM
we e loads of wood pigeons at the bottom of the garden as I have loads of trees:panic:

I have to pick up pigeon poo like you would pick up after a dog it's horrid!

mama2three
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
how about getting a sail canopy to go over your outdoor toy area , they have them 3m x 3m on ebay for about £30. i know you shouldnt need to , but at least your children will be able to play outside!

TheBTeam
06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Not sure exactly where you stand legality wise about it affecting you, but if he has decided not to continue building then that is his choice, even if planning permission given then once he has started the building that is all he had to do.

I think I would phone citizens advice initially and see if they have any ideas. Along with the canopy idea for now.

youarewhatyoueat
06-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Why not just put an old tarpaulin down over the area and when you want to play out just roll it up. weigh it down with bricks.

Hebs
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
they spread so many illnesses i'd be contacting enviromental health :thumbsup: