PDA

View Full Version : first call!!

wellingtoncc
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
justgot in the house and got a message from a lady enquiring about childminding (first call!!!) but now im nervous about ringing back, what do i say??!! cant wait to get all the 'first' bits done lol!

jaja
06-01-2010, 10:06 AM
relax, chill, write a list of things you need to know.... hours, age of child, times, a visit to meet each other, phone number, address, ect and good luck xx

wellingtoncc
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
ok thankyou!!! will ring in a sec :-s x

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I always get flustered when figuring out prices and always think of something I did wrong after the phone call, so I always ask them for the hours they want, and then call them back with a price.
Apart from asking basic questions, I try to keep a phone conversation short and get them to come and meet me in person to explain the details, I find its easier to remember what to say.
Hope you get the work.

xxx

wellingtoncc
06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
ok i will have to do that, alot more confident to face then on the phone!! as for public liability and that, i don't need it done until i know i have children coming do i? certificate is aparently in the post, and when, whee do i get contracts?? sure i know all these things really just panicking!! xx

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I always get flustered when figuring out prices and always think of something I did wrong after the phone call, so I always ask them for the hours they want, and then call them back with a price.
Apart from asking basic questions, I try to keep a phone conversation short and get them to come and meet me in person to explain the details, I find its easier to remember what to say.
Hope you get the work.

xxx

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
sorry computer had a mad one - lol!!!!

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 11:04 AM
ok i will have to do that, alot more confident to face then on the phone!! as for public liability and that, i don't need it done until i know i have children coming do i? certificate is aparently in the post, and when, whee do i get contracts?? sure i know all these things really just panicking!! xx

As long as the insurance is in place by the time you have the child you should be ok.
You most likley wont need contracts for your first visit, if all goes well you will need them for the next time they come. I would get some ordered and ready because sometimes it can take around 10 working days for your order to arrive (if your with NCMA that is).

Tink
06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Hope your call went ok. Like the above I have a list of simple questions for a phone call and I always ask parents to come for a visit as I am much more confident talking face to face rather than on the phone.

Good luck with your first Mindee