PDA

View Full Version : Almost 8 inches of snow and parent is walking 1 mile to bring child to me

Ripeberry
06-01-2010, 09:05 AM
My parent's school is closed(she is a teacher), just had a call that she can't get the car out so will walk the mile to my house. Just hope she is wearing waterproof trousers as the slush is something terrible on the road (no pavement).
Problem is my girls love the snow and I was going to go to the big hill today, but mindee is too young for it :(
Never mind he is not in tomorrow, so if school still closed we'll do it then.

ajs
06-01-2010, 09:08 AM
i just had the same call
can't get the car out so will walk. she won't get the buggy through the snow either but that's her problem.

not here yet and was due at 8.30 so we'll see how long she takes to get here

Cazz
06-01-2010, 09:43 AM
My parent's school is closed(she is a teacher), just had a call that she can't get the car out so will walk the mile to my house. Just hope she is wearing waterproof trousers as the slush is something terrible on the road (no pavement).
Problem is my girls love the snow and I was going to go to the big hill today, but mindee is too young for it :(
Never mind he is not in tomorrow, so if school still closed we'll do it then.

Just a question - if the school is closed why is she bringing the little one out to you? Surely she could keep the little one at home with her and have fun in the snow?

angeldelight
06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Just a question - if the school is closed why is she bringing the little one out to you? Surely she could keep the little one at home with her and have fun in the snow?

I was going to ask the same question

Mind you some of my parents still bring their children even if they are at home so maybe this parent is the same ?

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2010, 09:47 AM
The snow would be higher than the child - bet she changes her mind

it is too cold to go and enjoy the snow here - still coming down and the wind is howling - maybe later as my quilt is calling and I want to watch the last of my film (how lazy:laughing: )

Ripeberry
06-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Because she wants to get on with some paperwork and because I'm available.
Problem is, he is not too fussed on snow (only 15 months old). I had him yesterday and he had his snow suit on and all mittened up.
Had a couple of goes on the sledge being pulled along, ate some snow and then screamed to go back in.
Anyway, she has still not arrived and he is normally here by 9am. Will give a call at 10am to see if coming at all?

jelly15
06-01-2010, 09:50 AM
One of my mindees parents staying home because of weather, but roads are all gritted and safe from their house to mine (friend lives on same street as them) and their place of work to close to me, so no reason to stay away. It is fine by me but I haven't been paid yet so we will wait and see if they expect to pay (they do have to).

mabel
06-01-2010, 10:43 AM
if my parents are ever off work, they will always bring the children to me as they say they will have more fun with me than them ! I take this as a huge
compliment and love it,

Ripeberry
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Mum just rang to say they are not coming after all as husband has just come home from being sent home from work. He struggled in and got sent home.
It's starting to snow heavily again.
Lots of people out with sledges going past my house...may join them later :D

nannymcflea
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
if my parents are ever off work, they will always bring the children to me as they say they will have more fun with me than them ! I take this as a huge
compliment and love it,

Thats a lovely way of looking at it, good for you.:thumbsup:

Blackhorse
06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I dont see the problem with walking through a bit of snow to get to your house to be honest....As long as you wear warm clothes and shoes it isnt an issue.:thumbsup:

Tink
06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
The snow is really deep here today so no work for me, I suppose i'll just have to go sledging again:D