PDA

View Full Version : hand foot and mouth and chicken pox

childminder54
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
what would you do. i had a child mom say to me she was picking here daugther up at 11 to take to docters as she said it was her exzama under her arm pit. dad came to give me my money as what he was doing at the wekend and said they were going to manchester but didnot know if they were going because the child had ether hand foot and mouth or chicken pox.some off you have carried on minding, as i was not as im going to ireland in two weeks to see my daughter and two grandchildren one is only 5months and away in 5weeks on holiday abroad as in adults we can get shingles which i have had before and can be quite bad. no one will pay me if im bad and the parents wouldnot have anybody to look after children what would you do?

thanks

veronicaxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

deeb66
08-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Veronica

I am quite strict with my Sickness Policy.

If a child is ill I will not accept them and that includes chicken pox.

I would tell the parent that the child must stay at home until the pox have scabbed over and are completely dry.

It is your business and is therefore entirely up to you whether or not you want to accept a child that has a childhood disease or not.

tulip0803
08-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi Veronica

I am quite strict with my Sickness Policy.

If a child is ill I will not accept them and that includes chicken pox.

I would tell the parent that the child must stay at home until the pox have scabbed over and are completely dry.

It is your business and is therefore entirely up to you whether or not you want to accept a child that has a childhood disease or not.

I agree - I would not accept a child with the infection. My policy states until spots have dried and crusted.

emler
08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
A little mindee of mine had chicken pox recently and I said I couldn't look after her until all the spots were scabbed over. I didn't want to risk my family & other mindees catching it too.
The parents understood and were fine about it.

Emler x

sarah707
08-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I agree with everyone else - your business, your rules!

Sounds like you've got a few busy weeks coming up ... you need to be fit and well :D

miss muffit
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi If a child is unwell..it should stay at home.

I wish that were the case with one of my parents,

The little lad i look after had conjunctivitis, Mum took him to doctors and doc said it wasn't contagious so I phoned our development worker who said” as he's being treated with eye cream I should have him here …funny ...if conjunctivitis wasn’t contagious how came the next day his twin brother went down with. Mum then took him to the doctors who said he should stay at home as it was contagious even the doctors differ :) :)

deeb66
08-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi If a child is unwell..it should stay at home.

I wish that were the case with one of my parents,

The little lad i look after had conjunctivitis, Mum took him to doctors and doc said it wasn't contagious so I phoned our development worker who said” as he's being treated with eye cream I should have him here …funny ...if conjunctivitis wasn’t contagious how came the next day his twin brother went down with. Mum then took him to the doctors who said he should stay at home as it was contagious even the doctors differ :) :)

Conjunctivis is highly contagious!

My son had it last week and I kept him off school for 2 days!

miss muffit
08-03-2008, 05:57 PM
hi thats not what they say now...if its being treated then they can still go to school...i know i find it hard to believe as well ask your develpment worker and please get back to me ...i bet they differ like the doctors do :) :) :)

deeb66
08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
hi thats not what they say now...if its being treated then they can still go to school...i know i find it hard to believe as well ask your develpment worker and please get back to me ...i bet they differ like the doctors do :) :) :)

I know that is what they say now but conjunctivitis is contagious and in my sickness policy I state that the child has to be away for one day and be given anti-biotics before the child returns.

As I get so annoyed and fed up when parents are inconsiderate and send the child I thought I had better be responsible and keep my son at home until I was happy that his eye was not weeping/gungy anymore :D

miffy
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM
I completely agree with Dee

Miffy xx

Trouble
09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
i also agree if a child is sick they should be at home not giving it to us and our families:panic: