PDA

View Full Version : Charge or not??

sophiestars
05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
I am sitting here wondering what to do tomorrow. We have lots of snow outside and one of my Mums asked me today what would happen tomorrow with the snow that is forecast (and that has now arrived!)

I said that if they couldn't get here I won't charge because it's not their fault and she said but it's not fair on me either but I am now thinking it's true it's not my fault either and I would still be able to work, but I don't see either of my mindees being able to get to me.

I think the schools will be closed also, and both mindees have older siblings who will be at home so the Mums won't be able to work and will have to cancel. In that circumstance i would normally charge if their child was off school and they cancel but i feel mean because the weather situation is out of their hands.

What would you do? It's not such an issue of should they pay as they have both paid for this month already, it's a matter of do i refund it on next months bill or not. Maybe I should refund half as it is neither sides fault. Blimey i am rambling, i am just typing my thoughts as they come into my head lol! What would you do?

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Well if you both think its not fair then why dont you just take half fee instead of full fee

Then you are both happy

Angel xxx

charleyfarley
05-01-2010, 11:15 PM
You need to do what you are happy with, as Angel suggests maybe half fee instead of full fee.

My parents are full fee even in snow, I am here and working and if they don't use me then that is not my fault.

Carol xx

newandlearning
05-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi.. I'm the same I charge as I'm available to work.. last time it snowed I was quite excited this time it just seems a total pain as it took soo long to go away last time... :rolleyes:

madredann
06-01-2010, 06:26 AM
can you afford not to be paid.I would charge as would be available to work but ultimately parents responsibility to bring/collect children safely.

Chimps Childminding
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I am charging half! I know techincally I am open and so they should pay, but if they can't get here or to work its not really their fault either!! Hope the appreciate the gesture, although I expect it will be wasted on some :D

Sarah Louise
06-01-2010, 08:13 AM
I've not had anyone at all this week as all teachers and their schools are closed. I still charge, they still get paid though so I don't feel bad.

If i had n't I would have lost £240 so far this week and I really can't afford that.

sophiestars
06-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I only have 2 mindees today, one has cancelled and I am going to do half fees for her, and the other one has just rung to say she has a meeting this afternoon and is going to bring the little one - crazy to try to get out in the car as it is deep snow here and still snowing heavily, but there we go!

Mrs.L.C
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
If I am available to work, I would still charge. Only have 1 of mine today because of the snow (and its not actualy that bad but not worth trying to drive in) and the schools closed so wont need to get the school children but will still be charging as I ahve offered to have them if needed. To be honest I couldnt afford to not charge and most parents will get paid if they cant get in to work - even if its just holiday pay

Heaven Scent
06-01-2010, 09:27 AM
It depends on the terms of your contract - mine says if I'm available for work then full fee and if I'm not then no fee.

twiggy
06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I was supposed to have one mindee today but dad can't get his car off the driveway to get here. I am charging full fee. I really have toughened up since getting nothing from this family for Christmas.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Full fee - I am open

little_gems
06-01-2010, 10:50 AM
i charge full fees! unless i couldn't get to school to collect then i wouldn't charge. (our car in suck on our drive and will be till at least the end of the week!!)

mumx3
06-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I am 3 mindees down today as they couldnt get to me, and I am still charging. Yesterday I had a mindee off sick so I have been paid for that too.

One mum asked if she could swap today for a different day....I said I couldnt because of numbers...though I kinda didnt want to do the extra day. Even if I can fit them in it has a negative effect on the balance of the little ones. 3 18 months and under for a whole week is too much!