PDA

View Full Version : woULD THIS BE OK?

aly
05-01-2010, 05:43 PM
My daughter and mindee are both 2 [aug] and they both started potty training together.....they are still not there quite....My daughter wont poo on toilet has had a few accidents but seems to wait til bedtime now for nappy etc.

The thing is I started back to work today from xmas....I am due my inspection sometime in feb.

If my inspector asks why I haven't done outside activities ie taken them out...would it be ok for me to say as they are still training I feel I cant take them out due to accidents etc.

Mindee is pretty good and i could take a lod of clothes with me for both of them as they are the same size etc.

What would you do?

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Why can't you take them out?

As long as you take spare clothing with you I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't not take them out just because they are potty training, they have to learn x x x

aly
05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm just thinking of the hassle.

I only have her 2 days a week anyway.

loocyloo
05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
what fun !!! glad it is going well! :)

i think ofsted would like you to be taking them out after a week or so. a month is a long time for you to be stuck inside.

can you go out into the garden? or for just a little walk? and then move on to toddler groups etc. i used to go out with potties/clothes and the like festooning my buggy!

apart from from one mindee, all of mine have surprised me as to how good they have been! its just a case of remembering to remind them to use the potty! frequently!

xxx

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm just thinking of the hassle.

I only have her 2 days a week anyway.

That's fair enough but you can't stop her going out because she might have an accident.

If she is out she might be more aware and tell you when she needs to go, just try going a short walk and then go a little further xxx

sarah707
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
The regulations in Wales are not as specific as for the Eyfs.

Even the Eyfs doesn't say we must go on outings... just that we must allow children to go outside.

I wouldn't make a thing about it... show your positives instead :D

aly
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
The regulations in Wales are not as specific as for the Eyfs.

Even the Eyfs doesn't say we must go on outings... just that we must allow children to go outside.

I wouldn't make a thing about it... show your positives instead :D

thanks sarah
It's not like they dont go outside and we have just built Poppy's playhouse outside which her and mindee are ecstatic about..if it wasnt for the snow :rolleyes: lol

I just find the whole potty training process a bit full on and with 2 of them this time lol
argh!!!

Anyway I think I am just stressing to bit too much about the inspection. :p