PDA

View Full Version : Snow and payments...

caroljayne
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi all and a Happy 2010.

Just a quick question - My contract states if parents keep children off for holidays sickness etc full fee and if I closed no fee.

However I collect 2 children from the next town, the wednesday before christmas I couldn't get my car out because of ice and had to call to say I couldn't collect but if there end was better they could drop over and I would walk to bottom of hill to meet them. Anyway parent declined.
I was open and have still charged but with a bad forcast tomorrow I could be in the same situation. What would you do ?

~Chelle~
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I would still charge. You did your best by offering to walk down and pick them up half way. If the parent declines again, then I would still charge.

You cant control the weather!

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I would still charge as well. You offered to walk to pick child up so you can't do much else xxx

mama2three
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
not sure really. if you are contracted to pick them up and you are unable to fulfil your part of the contract im not sure you can charge. difficult one , Ill leave it for the experienced laydees here!

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2010, 06:55 PM
not sure really. if you are contracted to pick them up and you are unable to fulfil your part of the contract im not sure you can charge. difficult one , Ill leave it for the experienced laydees here!

i agree! I would probably compromise and charge half, but then i am a bit of a soft touch :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
05-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Did she pay okay without question. I don't collect but if I was supposed to then surely it would be down to me to get alternative transport from the bottom of the hill to collect?

tashaleee
05-01-2010, 07:00 PM
My logic side tells me that if you are contracted to collect the child and for any reason you cant do so, then you cannot charge for a service you cannot provide

BUT

My other side sais if they paid once.... with no comment/arguement... you could always charge them again.... :blush:

suzyblue
06-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Do you charge extra for collecting? If not then maybe you should and then you could just deduct the collection fee if you are unable to do it. You could say that £3.00 of the parents fee is to cover collection and they will not have to pay this.