PDA

View Full Version : And what does Mummy do.....?

venus89
05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
My two older mindees (one nearly three, one just three) are both crazy about the Richard Scarry books. Today we were reading 'What do People Do All Day?'. It asks 'what does your daddy do?' and LO said 'put salt on the road' then 'what does your Mummy do?' 'ironing'! :D

miffy
05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Bless 'em! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Typical, i've got a nice book called Arthur's world.
Mum is an accountant and dad is a cake maker, there are fire ladies and other non stereotypical images, it's fab.

mama2three
05-01-2010, 05:06 PM
i bought little mindee a billy goats gruff story for xmas where its the mummygoat who scares the troll off in the end - mindees mum loved it - mindees 'uncle' wanted wanted to know what kind of feminist nutter she was sending lo to!

Twinkles
05-01-2010, 05:08 PM
It's amazing how many of mine think that Daddy works at the train station ! Well that is where they drop him off in the morning ( comuter belt !! )

Heaven Scent
05-01-2010, 06:28 PM
My son used to think that Vic worked pushing buttons at the cashpoint :laughing: :laughing:

Its because I have always told children Including my own that mummy and & daddy go to work to get pennies for nice things etc and when my DS was little he used to engage in a lot of role play and one at one stage he used to pick up a bag (like daddys pilot case) and say "bye bye I'm going to work", wave and head into the hall wait for a while and then come back in - at least I thought he was waiting until one day when DH was in the house I decided to peep round the door to see what he was doing and he was standing facing a wall tapping his fingers on it , he caught me peeping so I said "are you fixing the areoplanes and he said "No i'm getting penny's like daddy does" V & I just laughed because N thought that whenhis dad went to the cashpoint that is what he did for a living - we did talk about daddy fixing areoplanes etc.

FizzysFriends
05-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I asked 2 LO's what their parents do at work 1 said mommy sleeps and daddy plays computer games (both nothing connected to either jobs), the other one said mommy looks after old people, daddy works on the lorries then asked me when I was going to get a job and what I wanted to be :panic:

guest3
05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Typical, i've got a nice book called Arthur's world.
Mum is an accountant and dad is a cake maker, there are fire ladies and other non stereotypical images, it's fab.

I've tried searching for this book but can't seem to find it. Any idea of the author or can you check if the title is correct please.
Many thanks

Wendy x

venus89
06-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I asked 2 LO's what their parents do at work 1 said mommy sleeps and daddy plays computer games (both nothing connected to either jobs), the other one said mommy looks after old people, daddy works on the lorries then asked me when I was going to get a job and what I wanted to be :panic:

:laughing: but I have to be honest and admit that sometimes I don't feel like I'm doing a job really - not when I'm at the children's centre and they don't need my attention so I'm just chatting to the creche leader, or now when thehy're both asleep..... I know I work very hard and it's because I've done the paperwork in my own time I'm free now but there's still that sense of idling, though in reality it's my lunch break!