PDA

View Full Version : My daily record

venus89
05-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I've been printing out a daily diary for the last 18 months for me - it has date, who came, what we did, ate, where we went, a box for obs, anything I need to do as a result of the daily risk assessment..... stuff like that. Anyway, geenrally on a Sunday I print out five copies for the week ahead but sometimes I foget or we run out of paper and it all means cranking up the computer in the first place. So I thought, why don't I just hand write the relevant information in a notebook? That way I won't have lots of empty boxes taking up space just in case there's an accident or an observation or a cause for concern - and all my diary info will be together, as I'm awful at remembering to actually hole punch them and file them and tend to let them stack into a HUGE pile......

So this is a long-winded way of asking - so long as I have the relevant information in it, is there anything to stop me just handwriting my personal daily diary in a notebook? Or is this a big no for some reason I haven't figured?

mama2three
05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
ive just bought a page per day diary to do something similar. before that i didnt have my own daily record at all - only what went in the childrens diaries , journals or on planning sheets.

miffy
05-01-2010, 04:46 PM
No, as long as you are aware of confidentiality - don't name names etc

I use a page-a-day diary for similar

Miffy xx

venus89
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
No, as long as you are aware of confidentiality - don't name names etc

I use a page-a-day diary for similar

Miffy xx

Can I not put names in a record which is purely for my eyes?

miffy
05-01-2010, 04:55 PM
I just use initials in mine

Miffy xx

venus89
05-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I just use initials in mine

Miffy xx

oohhhh.... that's a very good idea -thanks x

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't have my own diary as i do daily diaries for the mindees and observations etc there's never time. Is it something I should do?

Blaze
05-01-2010, 05:40 PM
I use a standard page per day A4 size diary :thumbsup:

loocyloo
05-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't have my own diary as i do daily diaries for the mindees and observations etc there's never time. Is it something I should do?

i don't do one! i don't think we need one as such.

i do daily diaries for mindees, and have an 'activities & menu' plan on a noticeboard. accidents/incidents/concerns go in my medical file (each child has own section) and attendance in attendance book! and i have my family calendar on the wall, with a column for childminding for what we do/did/who with etc!

mama2three
05-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Im just giving it a go to see if it helps me with organisation. i can put notes to myself , ideas , make a quick ob of a mindee , whatever - all in one place for when i collate / write things up. Means i dont need all the other things out all the time. I may or may not stick with it , but going to do it for a couple of weeks and see how i go.

Tired
05-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I keep a diary, just use a page per day one. I only note where we have been and what we have done, so I can work out mileage and what i have spent, or else Ill forget it and not do my accounts right.

venus89
05-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't know if it's compulsory, tbh, it's just something I heard about or had reccommended way back whenand have always done, with a couple of tweaks here and there.... As mama2three says, it's a good way to keep all the relevant info together.It's also something to show Mrs O and my coordinator when they want to know what I've done, and so I can look backand remind myself what we did last week, month, year..... It also saves me filling in a daily risk assessment - I simply have a box to tick to say I did it and write down any action points from it.....

mrs.h
05-01-2010, 07:44 PM
hi,

i started my a5 a page a day diary today. i haven't thought about confidentiality because it is only for my eyes but i will use initials from now on. i use it to note things we do, who has been off, what we have done. really just to be more organised :) . one mindee has left before christmas and kept the diary :( . next time i have my own ;)

regards
mrs.h

helenlc
05-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I have an A5 page per view one - I am going to jot down ideas, where we have been and roughly what i spent.

When I had to catch up with 6 months of accounts recently (:eek: ) it was very hard as I couldnt remember where we had been. If it wasnt a toddler group day, then we could have gone anywhere ie the park and fed the ducks and squirrels, got some ice cream etc. So the diary should help me with that.

Of course, I have to get it out of the cupboard where it has been since I bought it 2 weeks ago!!!:laughing:

TheBTeam
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I used to fill one in and stopped, but i started again yesterday, thinking that i could more planning/next steps notes and bits about what we have done/eaten in it, because as others have said, when a child leaves their diary goes with them and it is the only way i would know what food we have.

I am hoping to keep it up this time!!!