PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up - so near yet so far!

sfox2003
05-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Just want a moan really, I dont think anyone can help :(

Im just awaiting CRB checks now. My pre-reg ofsted inspection was about the 9th Nov. Ive just phoned this morning to chase up where my crb checks are up to & they are only just starting!!!! Ofsted lady put the wrong ID reference num on her countersignatory!!! CRB didnt receive amended paperwork until towards the end of Dec & then they had a system shutdown over christmas so its all only just started & could still be the full 12 weeks!!!!

I am so upset & worried. I finished from my job at the end of Dec (worked there for 8 1/2 yrs). I wanted to be ready to start in Jan as I have people waiting. One of my full timers though cannot wait until further than mid feb.

Plus we only have enough money to cover us to the end of feb. Oh know, what am I to do :(

In your experience how long will it take once my CRB is complete? Im waiting for development officer to call me about this but shes working from home because of the weather, so will phone me today/tomorrow.

Thanks for listening everyone

mama2three
05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
sarah what a nightmare. thats a rather large muck up even by ofsted standards.
speak to the full timers mum. would you be able to care for them at their own home just until your registration comes through? that way she has childcare sorted and you can start earning as you dont need to be reg. to do that.
Mine took about 8 or 9 weeks between prereg and my certificate arriving.Good Luck x

annawelton
05-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Kath,
Just seen your reply, is that o.k to mind in the childs home without being fully registered while wainting for CRB check to come through? I have heard this but couldn't find anything to confirm it for sure. Any idea how it stands?

Many Thanks!

clio0602
07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi really feel for you. I had my pre reg 16th nov and in stage 4 of crb. When I rang they said if I ring back in 3 weeks they'll put me on the priority list......presume they not expecting it to be done before then :mad:

Yes its ok for you to look after them at their own house or in your own house for no payment.

Hope it goes through quickly for you it seems like a never ending wait. I left work end Aug hoping to start now but no such luck :(

sfox2003
07-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi

Thanks for your replies - I feel a little fed up. I cannot afford to cover the full 12 weeks if it takes that long so Im hoping its back before then.

Isnt it frustrating? I didnt realise they had a priority list though, they told me that they had nothing like that when I asked if they could fast trak because it was Ofsteds mistake. Family Information Service said speak to ofsted & see if they will put some weight behind it as it was their error. It cant hurt I suppose. Even if they put me back on track to have it through before the end of Feb, would be great.

xx