PDA

View Full Version : New mindees not settling

cornetjo
05-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I had my 2nd new mindees start today, they are twins. They came to me at 8am, its now nearly 10am and neither of them have stopped crying until now, they have both fallen asleep, half standing half lying on the sofa. They are not interested in playing, or having cuddles, just stand in the middle of the floor crying. I have tried offering toys, leaving them to play by themselves etc, I am not sure what else to do. They are with me til 3pm so its going to be a long day. They were both fine for the settling in days. Help please!!!

Blackhorse
05-01-2010, 09:59 AM
they might just have had a bad day and maybe were tired.
Hopefully once they are awake again they will be better.

If not I would maybe try to take them outside for a walk in the fresh air.

what age are they?

cornetjo
05-01-2010, 10:06 AM
They have just turned 2. Might try the walk idea, or at least getting out of the house somewhere. It could have been they were tired, but mum said they have dropped their sleeps now. Probably the change of routine has upset them.

I was just a bit panicked because my first mindee was so easy to settle, and still is now.

Zoomie
05-01-2010, 10:06 AM
definitely need to know how old.

m

Zoomie
05-01-2010, 10:09 AM
okay, with my 2y mindee who cried and cried, I eventually just left her to her own devices. She settled down a bit when we went out for the school run, but it was her 3rd week (2x a week) before she stopped crying.

might be tired as well as not all children are ready to drop there sleeps just after 2.

Hugs cos I know it is really stressful.:)

Pipsqueak
05-01-2010, 11:22 AM
oh bless poor babies and I totally sympathise with you as well.

First of all get in your mind that they are still babies and the first few days are going to be tough on all of you - so give yourself some leeway.
Try distraction techniques, dancing and singing around in the sitting room, jumping around in the snow and its ok to have a snuggle on the sofa with a fav tv programme/dvd.
put a few toys out only and let them explore. make sure you talk about tomorrow (or their next session).
you have all got to get to know each other so take it slowly and give yourself a pat on the back occasionally