PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

jibberjitz
05-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

Haven't had chance to post that often recently but do still pop in and read threads.

We have heavy snow here in Leeds today and just wondered what you all do with regards to payment for childminding when the parents decide to keep children at home. I normally have 2 after-schoolers today (the school is on a partial-closure - it is open but if you can then keep your child at home) and so far one has contacted me to say they wont be coming. Would you still charge for your time?

Hope everyone is well & Happy new year!!

Liz

Adiamond
05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi, I would still charge full fee if the parent decides not to bring the child :) . I had this problem when I first started with after schoolers and I wrote a newsletter and just said that if your child is booked in with me and they do not attend I still need to be paid.
Hope this helps x x x

~Chelle~
05-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I still charge full fee.

I am available and it is not my fault if people cant get to me. If I have after schoolers booked in and they cant reach me, then they are charged too.

haribo
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
i would still charge . happy new year too !

tashaleee
05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I would still charge as well - you are open and available to fulfill your contract and the parent has chosen for you not to :thumbsup:

jibberjitz
05-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all your replies :)