PDA

View Full Version : School closures

singlewiththree
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm having a nightmare trying to find out if I need to get dressed! On the local radio channel website and also ringing and txting people and no-one seems to know if our school is shut. My girls aren't going unless I have to take mindees as its 5" snow out there and we fell loads yesterday.

This is ridiculous :angry:

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Oooooooooh lucky you Paula

I would be dressed and out there now making a snowman ha ha

i want snow sob sob

Our school would prob be closed with that amount :laughing:

I would imagine between now and 8am they will give the list out on your local radio station

Send it our way pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Angel xx

singlewiththree
05-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Its the first time ever we have had a school closure so I'm going back to bed hehe :clapping:

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Its the first time ever we have had a school closure so I'm going back to bed hehe :clapping:

We have had them a few times and its still early at the moment by about 8am they will / should have the full list

Still think its unfair ha ha

Angel xx

charleyfarley
05-01-2010, 07:19 AM

Oohh lucky you, don't blame you going back to bed :clapping: :clapping:

I'm sure our head would still open no matter how much snow we had :D

Carol xx

Chell
05-01-2010, 07:32 AM
We've not got much snow just now but it is coming down heavy now. DH has just cycled to work in it.

It annoys me as most of the schools in the town close with the snow but the on my children attend doesn't. We aren't witin walking distance. On the last day of term it took me 20 minutes to get less than a mile so I turned round and came home. The traffic ahead wasn't moving and I didn't want to get stuck with two children and my 17mth old daughter in the car.

Both my children will have a mark against their attendence now. However, if they went to any of the other schools then the school was closed and their attendence record wouldn't be down.

FizzysFriends
05-01-2010, 07:37 AM
We've not got much snow just now but it is coming down heavy now. DH has just cycled to work in it.

It annoys me as most of the schools in the town close with the snow but the on my children attend doesn't. We aren't witin walking distance. On the last day of term it took me 20 minutes to get less than a mile so I turned round and came home. The traffic ahead wasn't moving and I didn't want to get stuck with two children and my 17mth old daughter in the car.

Both my children will have a mark against their attendence now. However, if they went to any of the other schools then the school was closed and their attendence record wouldn't be down.

They may not my dd's old school didn't give unauthorised absence marks to children that didn't attend if the weather was really bad as for so e it's just too dangerous to attempt to get to schoool.

sarah707
05-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Our high school is shut - it has a listing on Real Radio's site :D

Tink
05-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Just heard on radio our schools are closed. Mindee supposed to start at 8, no phone call from mum though!!!

estrelas
05-01-2010, 07:56 AM
still don't know about ours

hope not :panic: :panic: ]

Tups
05-01-2010, 08:44 AM
our local school is closed today ha :clapping:

Tink
05-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Ha ha just been told the infants school near me is opening at 1:00pm they close at 3:00 what's the point???

Day off for me today mindee's cant get in

lovemyprams
05-01-2010, 08:46 AM
our schools are shut and only have 1 out of 8 mindees here. Easy day for me.:clapping:

Straws
05-01-2010, 09:28 AM
schools are closed here, looks like I have the day off ,all but one parent has phoned to say they not coming

Straws xxx

jibberjitz
05-01-2010, 09:49 AM
School on partial closure here which means if you dont have to take you child then stay at home. There is so much snow here that I dont fancy going out at all. I am unsure whether one of my parents will have taken their child on so might have to pick up later :(

Liz

madasahatter
05-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Every school in our area except one is closed and my baby mindee's mum works at the one that is open. She was cursing the head teacher this morning as some of the staff have to travel quite some distance and he refuses to close unless the council say he must. So today I've just got baby mindee and my DS so a nice easy day!

FussyElmo
05-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Our school is open they said it was up tp us if we wanted to risk the roads - emmm no. Then just had another text saying they would stay open all day but if we wanted to collect early we could - just close!!!!

Our local high school has closed as closed but its mayhem as they will only let the pupils go if they can contact a parents.

Hebs
05-01-2010, 11:09 AM
:clapping:

our schools are open :D

even if i had to walk them they'd be there :thumbsup:

they've just had 2 weeks off, and we go on holiday next week so i need the break this week :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Our schools are open but then we have no snow-yet, forecast tomorrow though :thumbsup:

mumx3
05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
what happens with fees when the school closes?

I have 2 before and after schoolies.

Do I have to refund the parents? I am available to take them to school but there is no school...??? Do I offer to have them in the day instead?

One of the children I literally do a taxi service for...I pick him up from home and drop him to school, they pay on an as and when basis a month in advance. If school is closed do I refund them?

please help!

Straws
05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
what happens with fees when the school closes?

I have 2 before and after schoolies.

Do I have to refund the parents? I am available to take them to school but there is no school...??? Do I offer to have them in the day instead?

One of the children I literally do a taxi service for...I pick him up from home and drop him to school, they pay on an as and when basis a month in advance. If school is closed do I refund them?

please help!

well am not refunding fees, as long as you are open then charge

Straws xx

charleyfarley
05-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Straws xx

I've had a full timer go home already this morning due to the sno getting worse and I'm not refunding any payment. I'm working as normal :thumbsup:

Carol xx

singlewiththree
05-01-2010, 01:28 PM

Straws xx

I'm not refunding either :)

LeanneC
05-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm not refunding either :)

me neither!
Im here business as usual for me but no children apart from my own dd so we've had a giggle today as it's dd 1st real snowfall as she's only 2yrs. Just measured outside and its now 10" deep and still falling yee haa

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

MORE SNOW PLEASE WOOHOOO :jump for joy:

mama2three
05-01-2010, 02:52 PM
My older boys went off on the bus as usual this morning , then rang me at 10 to say school was closing and the school buses had been sent for. They just walked in the door at 230 after 4 hours on the bus! I have had to leave the car in the village hall car park as about 6" fell whilst we were there. Mindees school says ' get them if you wish' or words to that effect , but luckily mum has returned from college too so i dont need to do another run. On the bright side , Q had a wonderful time at forest school this morning , sledging and playing in the snow! i would post some pics if i had any idea how!!