PDA

View Full Version : Changing holiday charges?

Cazz
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Following a post I've read on here tonight I'm going to give serious thought to changing my holiday/sickness charges.

Is it acceptable to change it for parents who you already mind for and would I have to do a whole new contract or is it possible to photocopy a blank relevant page, fill it in with the new charges and get the parent to sign and attach it to the original contract?

Do you think my parents would accept the change?

Currently I charge full fees for child holiday/sickness and no fee for my holiday/sickness.

I was thinking of changing to: child holiday/sickness half fee - my holiday half fee (to a maximum of 4 weeks per year), my sickness no fee.

It would obviously be cheaper for them when the child is off and although they would be paying me half fee for my holidays I assume they would still be getting their tax credits to cover it!

What do you think? It states in my policies that fees will be reviewed each April - if I decide to change should I keep the current people as they are until then or would you swap them all over?

mumx3
05-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Personally I would keep it as it is for child's holiday and sickness to be paid a full fee.

I already charge for 4 weeks paid holiday...which parents get in their own jobs so why shouldnt we.

I think if you need to start getting holiday pay then perhaps start by introducing it at half pay this year and when you review next you do it full fee.

beccas
05-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Its up to you you can just do a letter giving 4 weeks notice of change of fees its fine you are entiltled to do this.

Cazz
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Personally I would keep it as it is for child's holiday and sickness to be paid a full fee.

I already charge for 4 weeks paid holiday...which parents get in their own jobs so why shouldnt we.

I think if you need to start getting holiday pay then perhaps start by introducing it at half pay this year and when you review next you do it full fee.

I don't mind not getting paid for any holidays if I get paid for in full for child absence. The main reason I'm thinking of changing it is I know at least one set of my parents will send the child/children when they shouldn't due to sickness as they have to pay me in full - this then puts my own dd and myself at risk of picking their bugs up.

If they have to pay me half to keep them off instead of the full amount they would pay if they sent them I think it may encourage them to be more sensible. The charging half fees for my 4 weeks holiday would be to counteract only getting half when the children are off iyswim.

Sorry if I sound like I'm being harsh or unreasonable but they have just wound me again and I've done them a couple of favours but they don't see if that way - well no more I'm determined to get tougher!!