PDA

View Full Version : SEF question

Cazz
04-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Do you have to complete your SEF before your first inspection?

I have to admit I haven't even looked at it and although I can vaguely remember getting a letter through the post about it, I don't even know how to access it? :blush:

If you're going to say you need that letter what can I do if I can't find it? I had quite a big clear out before Christmas and there's every chance it may have got accidentally thrown out :panic:

I'm getting myself in enough of a state about my imminent inspection as it is without panicking about my sef :(

Zoomie
05-01-2010, 12:08 AM
you don't have to do but it is better if you can do some form of self reflection ...

if you contact ofsted i am sure they can send access info out again.

Blaze
05-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I would also highly recommend buying Sarah's ebook on the subject!:thumbsup:

Adiamond
05-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi, I have had my first inspection recently and I never filled in my SEF :eek: . My inspector did ask why I hadn't and I just replied that I felt as though I hadn't been working as a childminder long enough and didn't have enough experience just yet to answer the questions it was asking and she then said that absolutley fine I can understand that :) . HTH x x

little miss chatterbox
05-01-2010, 09:50 AM
i lost my letter with the details so I emailed ofsted and they sent them back out again! I have also bought Sarah's e book just haven't done the sef yet - i need to but keep putting it off!

Ripeberry
05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I've got my codes, a big file with Sarah's e-book and a blank SEF, but it's just getting down to it! I've spent most of the holidays, re-doing my policies and reviewing them, also getting to grips with the learning journeys.
You can just guess who will be up until the early hours when Ofsted ring :panic:

jibberjitz
05-01-2010, 10:58 AM
When my inspector rang she asked me if I had completed it and I hadn't and she just told me to complete what I could and she would read through it on the day. I just hand wrote in the boxes and staggered a guess a what grade I was!!

HTH,

Liz

beccas
05-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I would also highly recommend buying Sarah's ebook on the subject!:thumbsup:

Buy this e book of sarah 707 you wont regret it.

Cazz
05-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi, I have had my first inspection recently and I never filled in my SEF :eek: . My inspector did ask why I hadn't and I just replied that I felt as though I hadn't been working as a childminder long enough and didn't have enough experience just yet to answer the questions it was asking and she then said that absolutley fine I can understand that :) . HTH x x

When I'm up to date with the rest of the paperwork I will start on the SEF if they haven't phoned (providing I can find that letter!). I'm hoping it's going to be a few more weeks yet before my inspection but you never know :panic:

Cazz
05-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I've got my codes, a big file with Sarah's e-book and a blank SEF, but it's just getting down to it! I've spent most of the holidays, re-doing my policies and reviewing them, also getting to grips with the learning journeys.
You can just guess who will be up until the early hours when Ofsted ring :panic:

Will this be your first grading inspection? I notice you've been registered since January 09 - I thought you had one in the first six months. I wouldn't mind if they wait for a year for me though - I might actually know what I'm doing by then! :laughing:

mama2three
05-01-2010, 03:58 PM
my reg came through in sept too (24th). really hoping ( needing!!) another month or so to be ready. I come onto the laptop with all good intentions , and then chat on here! Oh dear! no hope for me then. can i just settle for a 'good childminder with pants paperwork' grading??

Paws
05-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Buy this e book of sarah 707 you wont regret it.

Could you put a link to this please? I think I need to invest...

Cazz
05-01-2010, 04:02 PM
my reg came through in sept too (24th). really hoping ( needing!!) another month or so to be ready. I come onto the laptop with all good intentions , and then chat on here! Oh dear! no hope for me then. can i just settle for a 'good childminder with pants paperwork' grading??

That sums me up as well! Can we campaign for a new grading? :D

mama2three
05-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Could you put a link to this please? I think I need to invest...

not a link , but its knutsford childminding.co.uk then click on books for sale. fairly sure its no 18. hth x

Paws
05-01-2010, 04:40 PM
not a link , but its knutsford childminding.co.uk then click on books for sale. fairly sure its no 18. hth x

Found it, bought it! Thank you!

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:29 PM
My network co-ordinator told me that if you don't complete the SEF Ofsted see it that you are not organised, and come to your home at a satisfactory level, where as if you do it they come in at a good level and take it from there.

I found it really easy and straight forward so good luck and sell yourself.