PDA

View Full Version : Accident / Incident Book

AliceK
04-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi

I'm trying to get all my paperwork etc in order as will be due my inspection soon and have got myself confused about accident / incident recording. I have some accident / incident sheets from MM which look to me like they would be used if a child has an injury whilst in my setting. Obviously there is a place for the parent to sign and then I would put this slip in the childs folder. However, do I ALSO need an incident book. Say if a child did something particularly wrong, possibly but not neccessarily causing an injury to another child. I would want to speak to childs parents about this and have a record of the incident and what the outcome was etc etc. Do I need an incident book for this? - Does anyone else have one of these? Do Ofsted like to see this type of book?
Hope this makes sense my brain is tired, I've been doing my SEF :(
Thanks

xxxxxx

sarah707
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I tend to write up incidents like behaviour concerns and put the paper in the child's file when parents have read and signed it.

I keep accident records in the child's file as well, as I do not feel an accident book would be confidential in a house full of teenagers and I lock children's files away.

Hth :D

AliceK
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks Sarah. I'll draw up an incident / behaviour book and keep the accident forms as they are already then.

Thank you

xxxx