PDA

View Full Version : Ill child

madredann
04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Mom brought lo this morning and said she had a cold. After wiping her little nose all morning and her not eating she became tired and miserable. We sat on sofa and she had a little sleep then cat napped all afternoon watery eyes nose running and sneezing. I was keeping her warm and quiet and not too concerned as she didnt have a temp, gave her a drink and she coughed and was sick everywhere. Bless her. Would you expect a child to come next day. As mom left with her I heard her saying 'we'll see how she is tomorrow' and I was thinking I dont think soo but what happens if she turns up with her? I might text later to see how she is ...what do you think?

Twinkles
04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
You really shouldn't have her for 48 hours after she's been sick. But it's up to you, do you have any other mindees to consider ?

venus89
04-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't have her, personally, but it is up to you x

Trouble
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
shes obviously not well ring her at home to see how she is and if she says anything you dont like say please keep her at home tomorrow:thumbsup: :D

tulip0803
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I say 48 hours for sickness - it is probably to do with the cold but you cannot be sure that it is not a stomach bug.

madredann
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I did text her and she is staying at home with her tomorrow and I do not have her till thursday so hopefully she will be better by then. Thanks for your comments:)

The Juggler
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I say 48 hours for sickness - it is probably to do with the cold but you cannot be sure that it is not a stomach bug.

It probably was. If you trust mum I would say as long as she's not sick again 24 hours min but if more than once then 48. Our school have this policy. One sickness or d&v - 24 hours but 48 if more than that then 24 hours after last episode.