PDA

View Full Version : kids let everything slip

beccas
04-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Just had 2 mindees brother and sister aged 8 and 11 who let slip that they are moving in 8 weeks..... but i have not been told by mum of mum bf, they have been to view house nad will be in different area totally. so that me losing 2 mindees not really that bothered, but annoyed that mum hasnt said they thinking of moving.:mad:

Daftbat
04-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Same thing happened to me - mine are moving to Scotland but mum did mention it quite soon afterwards:panic:

mrs.h
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
hi.

a friend had notice from her mindee 4 weeks before the family moved to australia. surely they knew this earlier than 4 weeks before the move.

take care,
mrs.h

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
At least you know now, so can look for some new mindees, there is also the thought that she might be waiting until sale def goes ahead before telling you, they have a nasty habit of falling through!

Get leaflet dropping!!

Jenni :)

peanuts
05-01-2010, 05:14 AM
i know i will be loosing my lo due to relocation, it is just a matter of time once they sell their own home.

by the summer time i will have lost 3 out of 5 of the lo's i have so will have to get my thinking cap on as to getting more info out and about.

beccas
05-01-2010, 11:58 AM
At least you know now, so can look for some new mindees, there is also the thought that she might be waiting until sale def goes ahead before telling you, they have a nasty habit of falling through!

Get leaflet dropping!!

Jenni :)

they not selling they renting both this one and new one!!!!!!

they both over 8 and dont know if i want to replace them at min will see if right children come along they were hard work

The Juggler
05-01-2010, 01:28 PM
they not selling they renting both this one and new one!!!!!!

they both over 8 and dont know if i want to replace them at min will see if right children come along they were hard work

I know minders who, with a few months notice have advertised straight away, found someone who wanted the place immediately and then they give notice earlier than the parents wanted. So, I can see it from their point of view too.

Blackhorse
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
this is a hard one...

maybe they think if they tell you too early you will find someone straight away and will then terminate the contract to take on the new mindees so they will loose out on child care before they move...

If they are contracted to give you 4 weeks notice I am afraid that is all you can really expect......

Hope you will find new mindees soon:thumbsup: