PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty

atmkids
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
I know it's silly but I can't get my head around charging full fees when parent takes a holiday. I've just invoiced a parent who took the week off before Christmas. One of her children is a schoolie and the other is one of my under 5's.

Because they have changing shift patterns I put in the contract that they are to pay me a minimum of 3 days per week including their own holidays and weeks with a bank holiday. I've charged them both for full days which it would have been if they had come to me and it comes to £189 for doing nothing. I only ended up working 6 hrs that week as another parent took some unexpected time off.

Would any of you feel guilty for taking this amount or is it just something I need to get used to. :o

beccas
04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
you opened up and you used your heating and electric you were avaliable but they didnt require you its in your contract and they new this when they signed them, myself i charge 1/2 fee for holidays and sickness if notified full fee if no notice.

Alibali
04-01-2010, 07:14 PM
No, just get used to it. You can't fill the space so would be unable to earn anything else. I have a parent with 2 here and when the take their two weeks holiday I get paid £500.00 and don't have them, however if I didn't charge I would be that amount of money down and still with bills to pay. I don't charge when I'm not available, so if they really wanted they could holiday at the same time as me:thumbsup:

atmkids
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I charge half fee for other parents but full fee for these as a way of making up for changing shifts and holding a place open every day. That's probably why it doesn't feel right as it's not something I normally do.

The Juggler
05-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I know it's silly but I can't get my head around charging full fees when parent takes a holiday. I've just invoiced a parent who took the week off before Christmas. One of her children is a schoolie and the other is one of my under 5's.

Because they have changing shift patterns I put in the contract that they are to pay me a minimum of 3 days per week including their own holidays and weeks with a bank holiday. I've charged them both for full days which it would have been if they had come to me and it comes to £189 for doing nothing. I only ended up working 6 hrs that week as another parent took some unexpected time off.

Would any of you feel guilty for taking this amount or is it just something I need to get used to. :o

would you feel so guilty if you had still been working with other mindees? also, it is their choice to take holiday, if they took 8 weeks a year you would lose a lot of money hon.

LeeAnn
05-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I always feel really guilty too and parents tend not to make it any easier and I always have to remind them or ask for it :(

Gizmo
05-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I charge 1/2 fee if they give me notice up to max 4 weeks per year if they take more than that its full fee :thumbsup: