PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter

Tired
04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
I have written a newsletter, and want to remind the parents not to hang about for 20 mins each morning.
Obviously, I have to put it more diplomatically than that, but I'm struggling to make it sound friendly.

I have said this so far, but I think I need help form you more experienced people, cos I think this sounds bossy.

"As you know, the mornings here are really busy. I like to have the opportunity to talk to all of you as you arrive, but this is not always possible with so many people around.
To make this easier, could I ask you all to drop your children off at the agreed time, and to make the drop off as quick as possible.
If you have things you need to tell me, please do so, but if you need my full attention, it is better to talk to me in the afternoon when you collect your children.
I appreciate your co-operation in this, and hope that it is a better way to make sure you and your children all get the time you need."

Please help, cos I don't want to send it out like this, I think ill offend someone.thanks

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
It sounds very friendly and to the point to me! I'd ask that they make an appointment to talk to you, otherwise you will get them hanging around for 20 mins at pick up too!

jenni:)

helenlc
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I think it sounds fine as it is - polite and to the point.:thumbsup:

beccas
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
I think it is just fine dont worry :clapping:

Bananabrain
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Sounds fine too me,not at all offensive.
I've just done a letter and handed it out today. I was worried that it came across as a little blunt too,but sometimes you just have to get your point across.
Some parents are so thick-skinned and wrapped up in their own little worlds, it doesn't cross their minds that you have to get to school!
I had one that was late this morning{because their children don't go back 'til tomorrow} It was a shame my other school run mindee is still on hols because I would have left without them!

francinejayne
04-01-2010, 08:18 PM
It sounds fine to me too, I'd sen it outjust as it is!
x

Polly2
05-01-2010, 09:12 AM
I think what you have written is great - I couldn't put it any better :thumbsup:

Tired
05-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone, Ill hand it out tonight.

Andrea08
05-01-2010, 01:28 PM
hi it sounds ok to me to but i would make a headding like

Arrival and Collection

As you know the mornings here are really busy.
I lwould like to have the opportunity to talk to all of you as you arrive, but this is not always possible with so many people around.
To make this easier, could I ask you all to drop your children off at the agreed time, and to make the drop off as quick as possible.
this will also help with the children on role and the transitions to my setting.

if you have information for me that does not require a meeting please add these details to your childs diary (home/setting) book

If you have things you need to talk to me about , please feel free to do so, but if you need my full attention, it is better to talk to me in the afternoon when you collect your children.

well something like that ok

but well done it needs to be said sometimes as we often have parents hanging around chattin when we need to get ready for school and our personal lives
xxx