PDA

View Full Version : A bit peeved - what should I do?

cuffleygirl
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi

Advice please

I have a lo four days a week, due today (inset tho lo is not at school yet) - didn't arrive, I called to check assuming overslept (it wouldn't be the first time) to be told, we didn't think you were having lo today, as children not back at school until tomorrow. I have a two week break at Xmas written into this ones contract but was expecting back today as I have always worked other school hols, insets in the past. So had an expected day off (would have had a lie in if I'd known sooner). I am paid in advance and although childcare voucher outstanding for Jan, balance has been paid.

Anyway, its come to light that someone else has had her, she is not registered, she does some cleaning and babysitting for the family - it has never bothered me before but this time she implied to mum that she had seen me and I'd said I wasn't back to work until the kids were back - not true - haven't seen her/spoken to her.

Mum is can be a ditsy like this - she has now in effect paid twice for childcare for today, Mum says she couldn't be happier with me but needed to go work today and didn't think I was working - told mum to check with me first in future.

I feel this lady is now actively encroaching on my business/income. Parents won't/can't use her full time due to use of childcare vouchers but she doesn't know that!

I am not usually one to report things but I am wondering if I should in this case. There are several people locally who could/would report her for this and earnings etc, so I wouldn't be the only 'suspect'.

What should I do,

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I would go with my instincts

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
You are entitled to report her..... I thought it was illegal to care for children in return for payment if you are not registered/inspected? But I would caution against doing anything in the heat of the moment, and especially against doing something for vengeful reasons such as her encroaching on your business..... is this the first time that she has cared for people's children in this way? Do you know for sure that it was her that said you weren't working, mum is a bit forgetful as you said and may have made that up on the spur of the moment!!

Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea, write down all your angry thoughts then look at it with fresh ideas!!!

Hugs, Jenni

Tink
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I reported someone who lives near me, she was looking after 2 children everyday, getting paid and wasn't registered. It's not fair when we go through hoops to get where we are, training etc and it's just not fair.
The person I reported was fined and I felt awfull because she came to me for advice:eek: but it had to be done

wendywu
04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
If she is taking your work then it is a serious matter :angry:

beccas
04-01-2010, 06:26 PM
i would say something she is breaking the law.:eek:

Twinkles
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
You say she does housework and babysitting for them. Did she look after lo in her own home ? If so it isn't illegal.

I'd find out if you can - it's not right that she should take work away from you which is obviously what she's trying to do.