PDA

View Full Version : HELP- 2 10yr olds who want to go out!!!!

Wendy Woo
04-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi all.
Hope everyone is ok and had a great christmas/new year break.

Like most i am back with a bang after 2 lovley weeks off and have hit a stump already!!!!!

I hope u will all be kind enough to help x x x

I have got 2 10year olds in today who i no will want to go out and play as they have a lot of friends up this way (there school is behind my house)

Now im sort of ok about them goin out but am i allowed to let them???

I will get a permission slip but how do i word it???

Do i specify the areas they can go????

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wan thtem to have a good day here and not be unhappy but i dont want to do anything wrong

I want them to be safe too!!!!!

Fast answers woulld be good as they r in at 10am x x

Thanx everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

caz3007
04-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I have two older ones as well and as I live in the vicinity of the school, I have other children knocking the door for them to go out. I have made it quite clear to them and the parents that I dont and will not allow them to go out to play. As soon as their parents arrive they go out to play on the green outside my house, whilst we chat, but thats it

mama2three
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
you need to speak to parents and agree what the children are or are not allowed to do / where to go , then get it all written and signed to cover yourself. As for today it will depend if parents have time to go through it with you at drop off time.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2010, 09:43 AM
It all depends on various factors:

Insurance - if you are with MM they won't cover you
Permission - do you have written permission from the parents?

My letter states:

Dear Debbie

I hereby give my permission for A, whilst still in your care, to play unaccompanied by yourself and at your discretion at premises other than your house.

You could just change the name and if you wanted it more specific put in the destination but it does limit the children a bit. Also call the parents and ask them to bring a mobile for the children if they have one.

I sympathise

beccas
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
i think ofsted say you need permission but its at your descretion i would check you ins.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM
What did you decide to do?

LisaH
04-01-2010, 01:47 PM
It's a tough one isn't it!!

My own kids play outside and my eldest mindee likes to play outside with them. Parents are ok with it but I still spend most of my time with my face pressed against the window watching them:panic:

I do live in a cul-de-sac tho so it is a little easier:)

nokidshere
04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I allow all my children over 8 to play outside my house with permission from their parents.

The only criteria is that they stay in the cul de sac where I can see them.

angeldelight
04-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I do not allow this

I do understand it can be boring for older children and understand they might not be happy about not being allowed out

But

I just do not allow it - I have a lot of younger children to mind and I can not concentrate or give my full supervision to older children if they are outside

I would be rushing to the window every few mins to see if they were safe

There are lots of things that could happen to them if I am not giving them my full attention so I would rather keep the older children occupied in my home

Angel xxx

peanuts
05-01-2010, 05:10 AM
i have signed permission from the parents for unsupervised play out the front of my house although saying that, my seat is by the window.

i have a large grassy area and park just outside my house so it is not as if they go far, at the other side of the house there is a woods that the kids love to play hide and seek in but i have told they that they are not allowed to go in to the woods unsupervised at all. last summer all the kids around here made about 3 gang huts all of which i could see from my window. mindees were not happy about being excluded but safety first.

mushpea
05-01-2010, 06:58 AM
what about a permision form that states the child can go out on their own as long as they have a mobil but with the understanding that when the child leaves your front door without you they are no longer under your care.

mumx3
05-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I wouldnt do this...I dont let my own 11 year old play out at all. There is no way I would risk it. But each to their own.