PDA

View Full Version : place only every other week

mrs.h
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
hello,

happy new year!

i had an enquiry for a place three mornings per week but only every other week. the baby is 5 mths old. now i am keen to have the little one but it will restrict me in taking other mindees on.
could i increase the hourly rate? what would you do?

thanks for any input,

mrs.h

Annie_T
04-01-2010, 12:31 AM
hi

you can do as you please hun when it comes to the hourly rate as you say it will restrict you on being able have another mindee so i would increase the rate tbh as it does hold up your space for a full timer x

sarah707
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM
While it might suit the parents I can't imagine those hours / days would benefit the child...

What about consistency, routines and settling in?

I'd speak to parents a little more closely first :D

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I would charge for both weeks as you need to hold the place. If it was 5 days I would think about it but not for 3.

If you are going to go for it I would charge a minimum of £30 per day used or 1/2 retainer for the 2nd week

jo f
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Think of yourself and your/your families needs. I don't think it would be unreasonable to charge for 3 mornings per week regardless if baby came or not. Would it be worth seeing if you could get the baby in on a variation from ofsted? Then getting paid just for the shifts you do may not be too bad

LittleAcorns
04-01-2010, 11:09 AM
While it might suit the parents I can't imagine those hours / days would benefit the child...

What about consistency, routines and settling in?

I'd speak to parents a little more closely first :D

I agree, I look after a little girl who is 2 1/2 now, she was 9months when she started, parents only needed 3 days every other week, I spoke to them about possible looking after her the week they dont actually need me as felt the weeks break would be too disruptive for the child, we all agreed to a 2 1/2 hours 2 days a week the oposite week, I still look after her during the school holidays when Im not really needed as she needs the routine.

mrs.h
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
thank you every one for your thoughts. parents are coming around this week and i will speak to them bearing your comments in mind.

Take care,
mrs.h