PDA

View Full Version : do you do a Learning journal for a rising 5

newandlearning
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
hi everyone...

last year I had a mindee who was 4.5 yo but in full time so with me after school.. I did a learning journal all the way through to Aug. for the mindee..

this is right isn't it.. I thought a while a go I read somewhere that this wasn't
necessary anymore once they were full time.. am I dreaming it:) or is this true...

just wondering .. thanks and Happy New Year to you all..xx

sarah707
03-01-2010, 05:40 PM
You must still show a progression of learning and development... but it's in proportion to the amount of time you spend with the child.

School is responsible for the bulk at that age :D

The Juggler
04-01-2010, 08:21 AM
I have a rising 5 I had since he was too so I update his journey with photos and comments linking to EYFS but do very few obs as he's only here 2 days in hols and is only here before after school, arriving as we leave for school and then I have to make tea after school so obs are difficult.

singlewiththree
04-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I started with a rising 5 in Sept and I have done a folder but haven't got much in it. I've written his routine and linked it to the EYFS and that is about it. He doesn't want to do crafts so I've taken photos of him playing, with his permission and put those in but thats it.

Mrs.L.C
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Iv decided to do scrap books for all my after schoolers and give them photos to stick in and they can put what ever else they liek in there - art work,. drawings etc then I mya add the odd observation to the rising 5's book

beccas
04-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Allmy over fives/raising 5's have a book which i stick pics in of activities work they do even visits we go on i even have photos of them doing school concerts if i am there (for my own children) i also letthem write things in the book and draw pics what ever they feel like.