PDA

View Full Version : Nappies............

igglepiggle
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know Ofsted's slant on reusable nappies? I use them for my LO at the moment but a parent has also enquired if I would be happy to use her daughter's reusable nappies.... They would be put straight into the storage bag and kept out of children'sreach but I just wanted to double check whether people know if ofsted are ok with it?

PixiePetal
03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Don't know Ofsted slant on it but if you put them in the right place out of reach, I can't see any problem. Not had a mindee in them when I had an inspection but have used for mindees in the past. Mum provided a lidded bucket which she took and brought back clean with a fresh supply of nappies each time. I used to put it in the shed just outside the back door!

Zoomie
03-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I have my DD in cloth nappies and had an inspection last month.

I didn't specifically point out that my DD was in cloth, nor did I hide the point either.

I did have a RA about nappy changing which included the storage of my nappy bucket but nothing was said, either favourably or otherwise.

I think as long as you think about the risks / hazards and show how you plan to reduce / eliminate them, then you should be pretty immune to the individual opinion that your inspector may have.

sarah707
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
You need a clearly written RA that shows exactly what you do with the nappies - changing, storage etc.

And a policy that states you will accept children in them - it might talk about the benefits of using cloth nappies as well so you can show how you share information with parents.

Hth :D

igglepiggle
03-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks all! Will get on it right away!