PDA

View Full Version : PARENTS NOTICE BOARD

sandy64
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi im trying really hard this year to get on top of paperwork etc and thought it would be nice to have a notice board for parents to put menu planner on weekly activity etc i already have alarge board with photos on split into eyfs areas they like that and have a display board of work but thought id try this what does any one think and any other ideas what i could display or am i just making too much work.

jumpinjen
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I think it's a nice idea, but i would update it monthly, rather than weekly, to give yourself more chance of actually doing it consistently, as too much work snows you under. You could also do a newsletter monthly to achieve the same things, keep copies of it to show ofsted that you are working with parents too, otherwise, if you still want to do a board, you could post updates to your policies, information about national projects that you are involved with that could help them, like change4life, road safety week etc.

The reason I do mine monthly is that it gives me flexibility to cook a different meal if plans change, or to follow different activity plans depending on how the children's interests change!

Good Luck, Jenni:)

Twinkles
03-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I have one with my certificate on and a copy of my insurance.
It also has info about swine flu , meningitis and a list of my policies with a note to ask if they want a copy of the actual policy.

It has a weekly planner ( such as where we usually go on a particular day , parents know this can change) and my daily risk assessment check list.

Ofsted really liked the extra info for parents.

I've just ordered a white board on which I will write that days menu and perhaps the following day too ( not a whole week as I change my mind ! )

sandy64
03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I think it's a nice idea, but i would update it monthly, rather than weekly, to give yourself more chance of actually doing it consistently, as too much work snows you under. You could also do a newsletter monthly to achieve the same things, keep copies of it to show ofsted that you are working with parents too, otherwise, if you still want to do a board, you could post updates to your policies, information about national projects that you are involved with that could help them, like change4life, road safety week etc.

The reason I do mine monthly is that it gives me flexibility to cook a different meal if plans change, or to follow different activity plans depending on how the children's interests change!

Good Luck, Jenni:)

thanks yes weekly is a bit much il do monthly and thanks wouldnt of thought of putting road safety etc on il give it a try for a few months

sarah707
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
It's an excellent idea!

I hope the parents appreciate the effort you're going to for them.

I'd say monthly as well... or maybe a rolling 3 or 4 week menu, so that you don't set yourself on with too much work.

Hth :D