PDA

View Full Version : 14 m, 14 m and 18 m, how to get from a to b

mumx3
02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Some days I have 14 month, 14 month and 18 months and really struggle to get them from a to b. I have a phil and teds which I adore, but the 18 month really struggles with walking.

I have to take the car everywhere, though 18 month old struggles to walk across car park or in and out of playground or toddlers. He has a little life back pack so I can keep hold of him but spends as much time sitting on the floor as walking

I am dreading the next few months until we can actually get about

Any advice?

PixiePetal
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't drive so can only take on ages which still let me get about with just a double buggy and a child walking.

I wouldn't get anywhere with those ages :laughing:

Good luck, they will all be walkers before you know it. :thumbsup:

Not much help am I???? :laughing:

ORKSIE
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I take it you have a double buggy.....How bout a Buggy board:)

beccas
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I have a buggy board which fit on phil and teds (cos i had one wished i still had it) and i also have a buggy pod these are both ace

lovemyprams
02-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi Beccas - which make of buggy board fits on a Phil & Teds? I didnt think one would fit on them.

I have 3 x under 2yr olds one day a week and Mum has to collect before school run as cannot transport all three to school.

Also, is it easy to use with a Phil & Teds?

Many thanks in advance.:)

beccas
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
mine does i will have a look in morn as its in the shed and its ****** freezing out there, but its just a standard buggy board i think it just says buggy board on the top i have had it 7 years if not longer..

yes its easy also the buggy pod is good on phil and teds.... its a seat which fits on side easier for young ones.

lovemyprams
02-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you Beccas.

Dont expect you to run to your shed on a freezing cold night!:eek:

I tried a Buggy Pod on my Powertwin and did not like it. I do however, have an old buggy board - triangle shape with 'buggy board' printed in red on it - so may be this is the same one you use. Its sat in my garage doing nothing so hopefully this is the same as yours.

Let me know when you get chance. Thermals/hat/gloves for the shed run!!! :laughing:

Chell
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
What about a sling to carry one of the lighter children? I've been using a friends Mei Tai with daughter (17mths).

beccas
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
mine is rectangle in shape and has 2 arms that can be put a different angles and have a red button thingy that you press to put it in attachments on buggy. will look tomorrow and post on here when i have looked

beccas
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
What about a sling to carry one of the lighter children? I've been using a friends Mei Tai with daughter (17mths).

i love carrying smaller children in a sling i also did consider the backpack as i had one of these withmy oldest child and it didnt feel heavy

balloon
03-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Triple pushchair?

I have 3 under 2s on day a week and 3 under 3s 3 days a week and use a triple (ABC Evererst) which is fab.

They cost a lot of money even second hand but are well worth it as you can transport with ease. The third seat on mine sits on top by the handlebars so the pushchair is still easy to go up curbs etc.

I also have a double mountain buggy with a buggy board.

I am also interested to hear which buggy board fits on a P&T as I understood there wasn't one that would fit with the 2nd seat on the back...

The Juggler
03-01-2010, 09:15 AM
how about a triple buggy!

mushpea
03-01-2010, 09:22 AM
How about a bibi strolli rider, i've heard they are very good, they are like a bike that you put on the side of the buggy and the newer vesions have straps on them to help hold the child on.
I hae a double buggy and a buggy board which was ok,
I am also considering now going to a single buggy and bugg board casue the 2 yrold is getting heavy in the buggy but she hates walking and hates the cold weather, funny thing is though if i dont take the buggy she happily walks!!

carebear25
03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
u can check on this website

http://www.buggyboard.info/page.php?buggy=260&page=3g

helenlc
03-01-2010, 10:01 AM
According to the buggy board website, this one fits the E3:

http://www.buggyboard.info/page.php?buggy=78#

I would be curious to know if this is what you have and how it works. I might be having twins plus my 18 mth old mindee, so would need a way to trasport all 3.

mumx3
03-01-2010, 01:15 PM
you guys are always so helpful. I am gonna sound all negative now.

I can carry them in sling as I have a bad back, and the lightest one is 12kg, or nearly 2 stone and I would be crippled with my back.

I had a strolli rider and put it on eBay in the end as though good in principle they force you to walk to the side and walking and pushing at an angle this killed my back as well.

I had considered the buggy board option, just cant seem to find one to fit a P and T sport which is what I have.

I think I will investigate the buggy pod, does anyone have a photo of one in use on a phil and teds? I see they are supposed to be compatible I just hope this will solve my probs as I have NO MONEY after christmas and certainly cant buy a triple buggy at the moment.

I am off to look for a cheap buggy pod now on ebay, fingers crossed.

helenlc
03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
and certainly cant buy a triple buggy at the moment.

Can you get in touch with your local childminding association - some lend out equipment such as triple pushchairs? Or get in touch with TAMBA (Twins And Multiple Births Association) as they hire out equipment for multiples.

Have you looked on Ebay for the Obaby triple side by side pushchair? They sometimes come up on there second hand and you could get a bargain.

There are also a couple of people selling the obaby triple in the For Sale section on the forum.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Mouse
03-01-2010, 03:14 PM
and certainly cant buy a triple buggy at the moment.

I'd ask your development officer if they have any triples to lend out. I know ours used to lend equipment via the toy library & had a couple of triples available. If not a triple, they might have doubles & buggy boards etc.

Mighyt be worth a try.

The Juggler
03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
mumx 3 sorry I didn't see your bit about can't afford the triple. the loan scheme might be the route then. On the buggy pod - I have heard so many horror stories about these coming off - I wouldn't personally get one. My friends came off when she was crossing the road:eek: and it makes the buggy hard to fold and you have to take it on and off all the time.