PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale

mrsbumbles
07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
A childminding friend of mine, handed in her Ofsted certificate last Friday after 5yrs of minding. :(

Tonight she held a sale at her home, and i picked up some great bargains.:)

I got a ethnic boy doll in ethnic costume

A triple buggy

Paint pots and paint brushes

A book display rack

3 multicultural books

A large pack of assorted coloured card

I spent £103.00 in total :thumbsup:

crazybones
07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
well done. That sounds great value. :clapping:

Annie x

berkschick
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Well done you!

Is it a side by side triple?

Thats what Im using at the mo. You need a run up to get up the curb :laughing: Will you need to use yours soon?

mrsbumbles
07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Its side by side Debbie and like you said in your post it wont fit through the school gates, but i need it during the day for my own sanity, to get out and about safely and get some fresh air.

berkschick
07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Mine will fit through the infant and junior gate but not the nursery gate! But I worked out if I have the triple, I will already have my 3 under 5 so therefore wil have no need to go to the nursery anyway!

Its really not too bad to push. Its easier than my cheap rubbish mothercare double. I just get loads of comments and remarks.

Another minder said to me today that they would not take on children that put them in a position of needing a triple, blah, blah. I just said I prefered to take on the younger children that did full days and earnt me more money than stick to school pick ups. That shut her up!

mrsbumbles
07-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I have in the past had a double buggy and a baby in a sling, thats really had going!!!

I have 4 under 5s at the moment, so i do need it!

How am i best having them seated? 2 older ones on the outside and baby in the middle?

berkschick
07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I have found having the lighter one to one side is better because when you need to go up/down curbs, you can put all your weight behind the heavier two and lift it more easily. I had 2 x 22 months and 18 months in it today and they are all pretty much the same weight and it was hard spreading my weight out over the whole buggy!

mrsbumbles
07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Its heavy without the children in it!! hope i will be able to push it all the way to school and back!

berkschick
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Its very heavy to lift in and out of the house! Its just so solid. I am impressed at how small it folds though. What ages are the children you will use it for?

miffy
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Sounds like you got some great bargains Donna

Miffy xx

mrsbumbles
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
2x 2 1/2 and a 6mth old. Cant wait to try it out on monday.Think i will be talk of the playground with it!

Hired a triple from the toy libiary, but it was so old and tatty, it didnt lie back for the baby and it was just sooo heavy. I didnt use it i took it straight back.

Angela234
07-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Looks like you got some good buys good luck with the tripple buggy i find it hard enough getting around our town with a double we have very narrow pavements thats after i tackle rows off steps to get off our estate or walk down a busy road with no pavement.

Angela

mrsbumbles
07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes also got a multicultural cd which i am listening to at the moment, its really upbeat and lively, Rabbi teaches ABCs, at the moment! Hubby wondering what on earth am i playing lol

angeldelight
08-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Some great bargains well done

Angel xx

Splish Splosh
08-03-2008, 07:54 AM
hi. i went with mrs bumbles and i came back with a water tray, 2 multicultral dolls in clothes, 8 books in different languages, huge box of duplo, dressing up clothes,doctors set, bus and farm lorry,and a buggy pod. does anyone know if they attach to 3 wheeler buggy i have a quinney?total spent 93 pounds but heh its fun having a look through other peoples attire!

crazybones
08-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Gosh you did well too. Well done.

Annie x

LittleMissSparkles
08-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Mine will fit through the infant and junior gate but not the nursery gate! But I worked out if I have the triple, I will already have my 3 under 5 so therefore wil have no need to go to the nursery anyway!

Its really not too bad to push. Its easier than my cheap rubbish mothercare double. I just get loads of comments and remarks.

Another minder said to me today that they would not take on children that put them in a position of needing a triple, blah, blah. I just said I prefered to take on the younger children that did full days and earnt me more money than stick to school pick ups. That shut her up!

good for you babe xxx

LittleMissSparkles
08-03-2008, 08:28 AM
glad you got some good bargains ladies xxxx

sarah707
08-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Lucky you! The buggy sounds great... ! :D

deeb66
08-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I love getting bargains!

Well done :thumbsup:

miss muffit
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi you both did well..got yourselves some nice things...cant wait to see the

triple buggy!!! bet its nothing like the one i had?!!! :) :)

Rubybubbles
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
great bargins there girls well done:thumbsup:

Monkey1
08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Fantastic Bargains Well done!

Heaven Scent
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes you both did very well today.

Celine

Michelle M
09-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Wow great baragins, when one of ur local childminders retired, you couldnt get in her house for childminders and children it was a nightmare, but still got a few goodies though. I struggle to get through doors with a double buggy let alone a triple :) Peope give me horrible looks as I am taking up the narrow pavements with my pushchair :(