PDA

View Full Version : help please

emmadines
02-01-2010, 07:08 PM
one of my parents are a week late with her payment. on the bottom of the invoices i to have -
If the payment is not received on the due date, I reserve the right to charge £5 for each additional day the payment is unpaid.

I haven't called her yet, but thought id text her with the following - Hi its Emma, I have checked my account and the current invoice due on 28th Dec for xxx does not seem to have been paid.

that's as far as i have got.....how could i wrap this up??

xxxx

beccas
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
i would because the banks were open between christmas so she has no excuse for it not going in its up to you if you imlement the charges i would if it was me. Just say as per contract £5 charge everyday payment is late and as you are xxx days late a fee of xxx will be added , thanks

sarah707
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I would never chase money by text - you don't have proof it's been done for insurance if it has to go that far.

I would write a standard - you haven't paid me is there a problem we need to discuss? - letter and send it asap recorded / give it to the parent next time I see them if it's soon.

Hth :D

emmadines
02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
i wont see her till Tuseday when school starts back but it will be followed up in writing.

Princess Sara
02-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I would never chase money by text - you don't have proof it's been done for insurance if it has to go that far.

I agree, but naughtily sent a text over Christmas chasing money anyway. I think the relationship with the parent in question made me feel comfortable enough to do so.

TheBTeam
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I would send gentle payment query/reminder of fees due by text to parents that i know will pay that just like to push the late or forgotten angle. If that didn't produce payment/comment when I next saw them, then i would give a letter by hand and then a recorded one after that.

Otherwise i would spend half my money in recorded letters!:laughing:

emmadines
02-01-2010, 07:55 PM
ok, I have sent the text (hopefully as a reminder) how should i word this letter?? I do want to implement the late payment, Ive been really soft on late payment last year and need to toughen up!

Thnakyou

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I would just call her if you are on friendly terms

sandy64
02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
one of my parents are a week late with her payment. on the bottom of the invoices i to have -

I haven't called her yet, but thought id text her with the following - Hi its Emma, I have checked my account and the current invoice due on 28th Dec for xxx does not seem to have been paid.

that's as far as i have got.....how could i wrap this up??

xxxx

Hi i would add please could you arrange to pay balance outstanding within24hrs or late payment will apply see how you get on its horrible discussing money issues but it has to be done good luck

Mollymop
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Hope you get your money soon.