PDA

View Full Version : Help needed 7 seater cars

fun house
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi we are looking for a bigger car and would like a 7 seater. Has anyone got one that they can tell me what they are like. Would like good and bad points as there is so many to choose from.

sarah707
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
We have an 8 seater Toyota Lucida import.

Good - cheap car, diesel, goes for ever, loads of room for children and buggies and shopping and everything else...

Bad - expensive to fix unless your local garage knows what they are doing, shop around for insurance or they try and fleece you...

Hth :D

little miss chatterbox
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
we have a toyota corrolla verso and I love it! It's fab to drive, doesn't seem too big to drive (ie like a bus) but has enough room for everyone. Those are the plus points!

There aren't many bad points but the ones that are are quite vital to a childminder depending on the ages of children!

If you have all 7 seats up there is virtually no boot space! You have a very thin gap at the back which you can just about fit a couple of bags or an umbrella fold buggy. There is also next to no leg room in the boot seats so only really suitable for smaller children - I have done a 200 mile journey with me sitting in those seats (so there is some room) but it was very uncomfortable.

FizzysFriends
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a Renault Grand Senic 7 seater and I like it. Its not the fastest car but can happily fit in 7 and a double pushchair.

aly
02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Citroen C8 {peaugeot 807 is the same]

I love it.

Did have a toyota similar to sarahs.

Kelly
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I had a galaxy which was great for childminding, easily fitted 6 kids in with car seats and plenty of space for pushchairs etc, BUT it cost me a fortune in petrol (it was an older galaxy) so I got a VW Touran, which I LOVE I tried lots of different cars such as the Zafira, but I couldn't get 3 car seats across the centre row nd I had to get 6 car seats in. The touran is fine I can use all 6 seats as I can turn the air bag off with a flick of a switch. The only downside is the boot space with all the seats up, but I found that the mothercare double buggy its in OK,
so I had to get not only a new car, but a new pushchair to!!!

I looked a right wally with all my car seats and pushchairs in the car show room!

emmadines
02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
i have a Ford s- max and its FAB FAB FAB!!!

TheBTeam
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I have a Petrol Galaxy and a Diesel Chrysler Grand Voyager, both are the model pre the very latest ones. I like the Galaxy to drive and i like the seat arrangements you have to be a bit careful about which double buggys you put it, but a good few fit, some have three point seat belts in the middle seat in the middle row but not all, it also means a degree of stretching to get children that are too small to climb into the very back seats.

The chrysler has a much bigger boot and sliding doors which are good, the bench seat at the back poss would not fit three of the 2nd stage (9kg-13/18kg) seats in, so if you need 3 full size car seats you may need to have one in the second row, but it is easier in general for climbing in and out for children. The other good thing about the chrysler is the ease that the seats stow into the floor and the amount of space in the middle row stow compartments when the seats are up for putting stuff safely out of the way.

Both have their good points. they use roughly the same amount of fuel, as in our case the diesel has the bigger engine.

Hebs
02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I have a Renault Grand Senic 7 seater and I like it. Its not the fastest car but can happily fit in 7 and a double pushchair.

ditto :clapping: :clapping:

amanda1309
02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I have a VW Touran. I love it.

We bought it well before i started minding and thought i would need a bigger one when i started minding, but i manage. Not much boot space when all seats are up, but i can get 6 car seats in when needed. we have leather seats which are a total life saver when the mindees are sick or wee in the car. lol

helenlc
02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I have a petrol Galaxy - bit thirsty but does well. I can get 3 2nd stage car seats in the middle row as the seats are all individual ie not a bench one.

I can get a double buggy in the boot and a single too.

Back seats are hard to access though if I have 3 seats in the middle row. Older ones can climb in but have to go in through the boot and squeeze between the 2 seats - this is okay unless I have pushchairs in the boot space!

But over all very comfortable and lovely to drive.

I used to have a Toyota Previa, an older one, and I loved it - I really miss all 8 seats and the HUGE boot that wasnt affected by how many seats you had up.

Twinkles
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
You see now you've got me looking at other seven seaters on ebay :laughing:

I have a Zafira ( think it's about 4 years old now ) and I must say I wouldn't buy another.
I need at least 7/8 seats - room for a three wheel tandem buggy and a dog ( or two :D ) plus all the wellies/rainsuits/change bags/spare clothes etc.

So ...seen any double decker buses for sale ??

mushpea
03-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I have a zaifra and love it , seats fold up and down easily, can fit three big seats across the back seats, lovley to drive, deisel, not thirsty, cheaper to tax than my old estate car and cheaper to insure aswell,
the only downside is that there isnt a lot of boot space when the seats are up, we had to juggle bags and single buggy in the hols but we managed it and the kids thought it funny me trying to shut the boot whilst not letting anything fall out!!
its in for repairs at the moment and i am really missing it.

fun house
05-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Thank you for all your answers it was good to read what everyone thought of their car. We have started looking and will hopefully find something soon.

michelleNE
05-07-2013, 09:29 AM
How about something like the Mitsubishi Outlander? It's a newer model so might not have been around when you were first looking. It's also not the typical seven seater as it has more of a four by four feel. The seats are really comfortable and it's really economical for a big car, the Outlander (http://www.best7seatercars.com/7-seater-mitsubishi-outlander/) does around 53MPG with a 2.2L engine. It's also got tons of safety features making it a good car for kids to travel in.

The Alhambra's also a good choice as it's not too expensive and has lots of features that some of the more expensive models have.

Hope that helps!