PDA

View Full Version : aaarrrghhh....

nokidshere
02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I did all my development assessments, planning sheets and observations on the computer - as well as blank forms for everything. Only I hadn't yet got round to printing them off (or backing them up) and my hard drive died :mad:

Just thought I would post that here to remind everyone to back up the work as often as possible. I now have a huge amount of paperwork to redo unless my very helpful friend is able to salvage some of the lost stuff :eek:

little miss chatterbox
02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
oh no how annoying for you. My dh works in IT so if there's anything he might be able to do to help, please let me know.

I really really hope you can salvage some if not all of your work

beccas
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Oh my god what a nightmare!!!!!!!! Good luck in rescue attempt

nokidshere
02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
oh no how annoying for you. My dh works in IT so if there's anything he might be able to do to help, please let me know.

I really really hope you can salvage some if not all of your work

Thank you! I am hoping my friend can salvage some of it but I may well come back to you if he has trouble!

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
If there is that much work I would take it to pc world or comp shop and pay the £60 to recover the data.

Tink
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh no what a nightmare :angry: i'd also suggest doing what Debbie said, hope you get it sorted xxx

Princess Sara
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Df is a computer wizz and has me using Dropbox and Google documents to save important stuff. (Not children details etc) because even if your computer dies the stuff is still there and accessible from any computer with the internet.

www.dropbox.com is the site, you download it to your computer and store your stuff in it's folder, that simple.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post that link, sorry if I'm not.

Mollymop
02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh no! I hear about it so much on here about losing all docs... but I still havent' got my butt in gear and save everything on disc! That should be one of my new years res.!

Desi-101
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Oops, mine too! better back up just in case!

SandCastles
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Hope your rescure attempt works, I will be backing up my work tonight. I have a portable usb pen thing that takes all my documents, I use it for my assignments, so I will try and add all my other stuff on their as well. Thanks for the reminder

Shirlwith3
03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Am in the same situ as our external hard drive died a few months ago had all my stuff aswell as oh's accounts too, the motor has died so have just got to send it of so that we can get all the files off it .