PDA

View Full Version : A nice surprise..

madredann
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I woke up this morning to a bill for class 2 national insurance. It is coming out of my bank on the 8th it says make sure you have sufficient funds to cover it hahaha after christmas you are joking. Can anybody help?
Seriously though please remember you have to legally pay class 2 contributions unless you have a certificate of small earnings for 2008/2009 if you earned less than £4825 you could apply for one
Julie

chrissie250
02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
If it is going to cause a problem for you, i would give them a ring and explain your circumstances and hope they can help, other than that why dont you put so much aside to cover these bills in a business bank account or another account you could use to save for this.

When you complete your tax return you can calculate your NI contributions then so you know what it is, im unsure what last years % of profit for NI was.

I was a qualified bookkeeper for 7yrs previous to childminding being my new career and i have been asked this question so many times, so you are not alone if that helps x

Chrissie250

madredann
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
I only realised I had to pay class 2 contributions in October I think my accountant should of picked up on it so he sent me the forms to fill in and sign and set up a direct debit etc. It is just bad timing. Thanks for your reply
Julie

sarah707
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I am classed as low income and have an exemption certificate - yes you can apply for one it's not difficult.

i'd give them a ring Monday and have a chat.

hth :D

Mouse
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
They're often open at weekends as well, so it might be worth giving them a ring today. I've always found them really helpful.

Once I forgot to reapply for my small earnings exemption, so got a bill through the post. I thought I'd have to pay it as I didn't have a current certificate, but I was told I didn't need to pay & they'd send me out a new renewal form.

Desi-101
02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I got my account its only for £12 but I only have the one after school mindee, I wonder if I can I apply for exemption?