PDA

View Full Version : Stuck for planning in jan for 14mth & 20mth

MrsT333
01-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi
Im a bit stuck for my 2 LO's for planning in january, little boy is 14mth & my DD is 20mths.
Please help with some ideas

Chatterbox Childcare
01-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't plan until the child is approx 2.5/3 and use routines and play with their interests. I think they are too young.

sarah707
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
What do they enjoy doing?

What are they playing with at the moment?

Are they following any schemas?

What do parents say are their fave things at home?

follow your instincts, their routines, parents wishes and their interests and you'll be planning the right way for them :D

helenlc
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I had a 10 mth old, 18 mth old and just turned 2 yr old recently.

All I did planning wise was have a monthly theme (this month is winter), and make a monthly plan for wah of them - but basically, as Sarah said, its filled with things that I know they like to do and is loosely tied in to my theme.

If you look in the Activity Ideas section, I have posted some ideas for winter theme. They are mostly aimed at my 18 mth old (as other 2 have now finished) so would suit the ages you have.

In the monthly plan for her, I will put some of these ideas and how they link to the EYFS and thats about it really. For example, the 18 mth old loves singing and dancing so we will do the I'm A Little Snowman song with actions - CLL learning the words and PD doing the actions.

I did think I had to do full on weekly planning like I did for older ones ie 2 1/2 or 3 and up. But Sarah kindly told me that I didnt need to, so I dont!!!:laughing: :laughing: Just a month over view really to show how it links to my theme.

MrsT333
02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I had a 10 mth old, 18 mth old and just turned 2 yr old recently.

All I did planning wise was have a monthly theme (this month is winter), and make a monthly plan for wah of them - but basically, as Sarah said, its filled with things that I know they like to do and is loosely tied in to my theme.

If you look in the Activity Ideas section, I have posted some ideas for winter theme. They are mostly aimed at my 18 mth old (as other 2 have now finished) so would suit the ages you have.

In the monthly plan for her, I will put some of these ideas and how they link to the EYFS and thats about it really. For example, the 18 mth old loves singing and dancing so we will do the I'm A Little Snowman song with actions - CLL learning the words and PD doing the actions.

I did think I had to do full on weekly planning like I did for older ones ie 2 1/2 or 3 and up. But Sarah kindly told me that I didnt need to, so I dont!!!:laughing: :laughing: Just a month over view really to show how it links to my theme.

thanks helen, I like to have some sort of theme for the older ones, then like u say let the LO's follow....i have looked at your great post & follow suit!
many thanks :thumbsup: x

helenlc
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
thanks helen, I like to have some sort of theme for the older ones, then like u say let the LO's follow....i have looked at your great post & follow suit!
many thanks :thumbsup: x

Glad to be of help - I have only in the last few months got used to it myself!! I had older ones before ie over 3s so found planning for under 2s all new and a bit tricky to get my head round initially.

Tink
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Just thought i'd add that i've printed off Helen's plan and it has so much for th younger ones to be involved in, thanks again Helen :clapping:

littlestars26
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
hi any chance i can have a look at helen plan i just trying to work out wot best to do i only just registered