PDA

View Full Version : How embarrassing

crazybones
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
There I was playing stop-go in the garden with two 2 year olds, hair fell out of bobble, quite mucky and extremely red faced. I turned round to see A's mum and dad laughing their heads off :eek: They had come in with my son when he let himself in from playing out and had stood watching through the kitchen window. Actually she said she wished she had videoed it to show anyone looking for someone to care for their children :blush: And to top it all they had brought me a bottle of red wine. :clapping: Mum said she will take the empty bottle away on Monday so Ofsted dont see it in recycling bin. :laughing:

Annie x

Trouble
07-03-2008, 06:01 PM
how nice of them and at least they know we dont just drink coffee all day well done you.:laughing:

jmoff
07-03-2008, 06:15 PM
ahh thats nice of them...got a bunch of flowers today from parents.

...they shld have videoed it actually ...for ofsted.

Twinkles
07-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Ahh how lovely for them to see you having fun looking after their little one.

casey's mum
07-03-2008, 06:29 PM
If I was the parents I would be over joyed! I think it good for parents to see us when they know we dont know they are there. I think it when the parents are not around we are at our best......acting like children half the time! lol I get messier than the lil ones when we doing crafts and had a parent collect unexpectedly the one day. I was there giving a very professional handover wondering why she was grinning all over her face! It was only when her lil one handed over the Rudolf we had just made that the mum lost it! I was starting to get a little offended when she pointed out that I too like Rudolf had a lovely bright red nose! Not just paint though I had somehow managed to get some red glitter attached too!!!

Emabarassing, I sooo know how you feel Annie

Angela xx

Annie_T
07-03-2008, 06:33 PM
:laughing: lol :laughing: oh dear

nice of them to give you bottle of wine too hun

Blaze
07-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Can i have your (minded) parents please?!:clapping:

flora
07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Thats so cool that the parents got to see you au naturelle!!! Bet they were dead chuffed too?

My " dad" snuck up on me too today when collecting r. (Normally the dogs bark at cars coming down the track so you get warning) But all I was doing was picking up the washing off the line as it had snapped leaving all the washing across the garden :angry:

I was singing if your're happy and you know it to r and hannah at the time..... complete with actions and armfulls of washing :clapping:

he just called hellooooo and I spun round "having fun????" he said laughing and I just blushed:blush: :blush: how embarassing????

Schnakes
07-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Ummm....whats "stop-go"????

crazybones
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Ummm....whats "stop-go"????

Ready steady go - leg it round the garden. Then shout STOP. Teaching them to stop when I say. Suppose it should be Go-Stop. :laughing:

Annie x

Lou
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I dont think its embaressing at all honey i think its great that they saw you having so much fun with their child and they clearly hav a high opinion of you anyway as they had the wine with them before they saw you being silly!!!!

Go girl xxx

lisat
07-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Thats brilliant!

not embarrassing at all. when i was childminding, i used to end up being caught rolling on the floor or my hands covered in paint, making more mess than the kids!

Just proves its not as easy as some people like to make out and that all you childminders are worth your weight in gold!!!!

Hope you enjoyed your wine!!!!

Schnakes
07-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I tell you what - whenever my parents catch me in the act its always the only minute I have taken in my 12 hour day to sit down and have a cup of coffee!! They never turn up during arts and carfts, or playtime or story time or anything!! I'll work like a dog all day, think - I'll just sit down and have a cuppa, and there they are at the curtains!!! Drives me mad! Its like they have a timer!! :rolleyes:

Ive never heard of stop-go!

Sx

crazybones
08-03-2008, 06:39 AM
I tell you what - whenever my parents catch me in the act its always the only minute I have taken in my 12 hour day to sit down and have a cup of coffee!! They never turn up during arts and carfts, or playtime or story time or anything!! I'll work like a dog all day, think - I'll just sit down and have a cuppa, and there they are at the curtains!!! Drives me mad! Its like they have a timer!! :rolleyes:

Ive never heard of stop-go!

Sx

Maybe its something I must have made up then. :laughing: I have always played it with lo's find it teaches them to listen to the word stop when they are let loose as they get a little older, so I have a chance of keeping control. Thats the hope anyway. :thumbsup:

Annie x

LittleMissSparkles
08-03-2008, 08:58 AM
at least the parents know nowthey are fully entertained !!!! xxx

sarah707
08-03-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm with Tasha on this one... I want your parents! :D

flora
08-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe its something I must have made up then. :laughing: I have always played it with lo's find it teaches them to listen to the word stop when they are let loose as they get a little older, so I have a chance of keeping control. Thats the hope anyway. :thumbsup:

Annie x

we play stop go too. As they get older we play it on the way home from school. If they get bored with stop go we modify it sligtly to play red amber green.....
red = stop, stand still

amber = start walking if you were running/ slow down

green = run

as they never know what you are going to shout, makes them keep listening. :thumbsup:

deeb66
08-03-2008, 02:06 PM
That is a lovely story.

Yes I also play this with the children....as you say it is an excellent way to teach them to stop when you ask them to!

Rubybubbles
08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
thats so lovely :clapping: :clapping: , my garden is open and often I turn around to see the parents leaning on the wall smiling, it must be such a nice thing for them to see:clapping:

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Sounds like good fun

Angel xx

miffy
11-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a good game to play and you got a bottle of wine for later can't be bad!

Miffy xx

lizzymoonshine
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
that does sound like fun!

bet you find the kids raving about it at home too, cos some parents are prepared to look silly :laughing: