PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering ...

Carpet Monkeys
31-12-2009, 02:40 PM
do you think I should ask one of the parents that I used to mind for back in 2004 to do me a reference for when I finally get up and running this time round?

I've just called Ofsted to find out how my applic is progressing, SSAFA checks are back just waiting on CRB's and they sent a letter to them on 21 Dec chasing it, giving them 10 working days to get back. The CRB checking system is down, they are unable to check even if you call them, so I'm guessing that this will delay it even further, hey ho! Back to a nightmare job of inspecting used vaccines (bleurgh) on 4th Jan for me then, but must remain positive it'll hopefully be for a month or so or at least till I get some lo's to mind, fingers crossed.

beccas
31-12-2009, 03:24 PM
it wont hurt anyone having that reference i have some in my file from 7 years ago but it all counts as its people who have used your service

sarah707
31-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I think that's a good idea.

Hopefully the system will speed up in the new year :D

68nic
31-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Just like to say Hi, and yeah I think that is a very good idea. Im like you I used to be a childminder but took a 3 year break as my dad past away and I couldn't commit myself 100% to my career back then, but I miss it so much I have just sent my questionaire back to get myself registered again and should be going to there next meeting in Feb. I will prob be asking my ex parents as well. I never thought of it before. GREAT IDEA :)