PDA

View Full Version : Britax First Class Plus - lap belt??

Chell
31-12-2009, 09:37 AM
SOmeone who used to go to our school used a Britax First Class in the middle seat of their Zafira using a lap belt. I've looked through the instructions and it isn't mentioned that you can fit the seat with a lap belt.

I've tried calling Britax but their office is closed.

Does anyone know?

mushpea
31-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Sorry not sure about that make of seat but my briatx renasonce seat will go on the lap belt and is very tightly secured, i can get this, another seat the same size and a booster seat with back on acrrose the back seats of the zafira.

Chell
31-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry not sure about that make of seat but my briatx renasonce seat will go on the lap belt and is very tightly secured, i can get this, another seat the same size and a booster seat with back on acrrose the back seats of the zafira.

That is what I hope to do. I am sick of clambering in between two seats when DH is in the car! :laughing:

Pauline
31-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I've got a Britax will check the model in a tick, but it fits with a lap belt. It goes through the gap between the seat and the back, if that makes sense. :)

Pauline
31-12-2009, 10:32 AM
One thought, they usually have the fitting instructions on the actual seat now, incase the paper instructions get lost. Can you see anything on the seat?

TheBTeam
31-12-2009, 10:32 AM
There are a few Britax seats that are lapbelt compatible but i do not know of the exact names, can you search on the britax website for the instructions, the two i know of (one is the prince one and then the one i have!) the instructions for these clearly stated can be fitted using a lap or 3point seat belt.

Chell
31-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I have the original instruction book, it doesn't mention using the lap belt. I can't remember if the person at school said if they phoned Britax or not.

One of the diagrams on the actual seat makes it look like you can.

tulip0803
31-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi I have a Britax Prince which can be fitted on the lap belt & Britax say this in the advertisements & the instruction book. I also have another Britax seat which cannot be fitted on the lap belt.

I looked on line & found the instruction book for the firstclass plus http://www.britax.co.uk/uploads/user-guides/9.pdf not sure if it is the same as yours. page 14 of booklet says that it cannot be fitted on a lapbelt.

Alibali
31-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Britax have a fitfinder that tells you what seats can be used and where.

http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/fit-finder

Chell
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I decided against using it in the middle. Someone on anohter forum asked her husband, he is a Halfords employee.

He thinks the seat can be fitted in the middle but they don't advertise the fact as it is safer on either side rather than the middle. The seat could fall forward on impact then the child would fall against the hand break etc.

TheBTeam
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I decided against using it in the middle. Someone on anohter forum asked her husband, he is a Halfords employee.

He thinks the seat can be fitted in the middle but they don't advertise the fact as it is safer on either side rather than the middle. The seat could fall forward on impact then the child would fall against the hand break etc.

Do you have anywhere that you can go to try one, my britax seat fitted with just a lapbelt is as tight and secure and does not move forward at the top just as tight as the three point ones.

I HAVE just searched on Britax first class plus and looked at the britax instruction manual for one and it specifically says on page 14 can not be used with a 2 point seatbelt, so this means not on a lapbelt. There are definitely some britax seats that can be, but i do not know if they are still being manufactured, although the one i have meets RCE 44.03 regs.