PDA

View Full Version : quick question

nikkia77
31-12-2009, 09:03 AM
When your working things out as a percentage based on how many hours you've worked ie council tax do you base it on the hours you were payed to work or the hours you actually worked?

I was payed for 20 hours this week & last, last week mindee attended for 19 1/2 hours so i'm calling it 20 but this week he had a day off so will only have attended for 13 hours. I feel I should be able to claim for the 20 hours I was payed for as I was available to work but is it likely that my register will be checked

As I only mind in the hols it's easier to work it weekly

beccas
31-12-2009, 09:29 AM
i also put any hours i spend doing eyfs and accounts etc as this is still working iyswim,...... hth

Chatterbox Childcare
31-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I would base it on contracted hours. If a mindee is contracted full time but comes 20 hours you would still of had the heating on to warm the house.

On top of that you still have paperwork to do but the IR may say that you would be using the electricity at this time anyway. It is all about justification if you are audited.

Pauline
31-12-2009, 10:12 AM
i also put any hours i spend doing eyfs and accounts etc as this is still working iyswim,...... hth

I'm sure I read in another thread that you cannot put down time spent on paperwork, it has to be actual caring for children. :(

beccas
31-12-2009, 12:26 PM
ok will check that i have been told by my extended severices (sp) officer that you can claim for paper work time, doesn't make a difference really to me i work 50-60 hrs per week anyway

sarah707
31-12-2009, 02:03 PM
ok will check that i have been told by my extended severices (sp) officer that you can claim for paper work time, doesn't make a difference really to me i work 50-60 hrs per week anyway

This is what makes it so difficult isn't it? We are all told different things :(

I think the main thing Nikkia is not to take the mickey... keep it realistic and be able to justify what you have done.

if you are in any doubt give the Tax office a ring and double check what your local people are saying.

hth :D

KAZBAZ55
20-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm sure I read in another thread that you cannot put down time spent on paperwork, it has to be actual caring for children. :(

Hi

I was told to include all time I use for ANY paperwork & getting ready for the children in my work hours. I have only recently registered and I am sure I read this somewhere either from NCMA or IR.

x:littleangel:

tulip0803
20-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi

I was told to include all time I use for ANY paperwork & getting ready for the children in my work hours. I have only recently registered and I am sure I read this somewhere either from NCMA or IR.

x:littleangel:

I went on an IR refresher course last year & they said that as there was a special (generous?) agreement for childminders we could only claim for actual hours worked with children not for planning.:(

carlen222
20-01-2010, 04:14 PM
i base mine on my contracted hours, but if i am dong any extra hours any week i base it on those hours if they total to more than my contracted xx