PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new tandem pushchair...

Mouse
30-12-2009, 03:58 PM
...have any of you got a Jane Powertwin or a Zoom tandem?

I'm looking for an easy to push tandem that I'll be able to add a buggy board to.

I've been looking at some lovely side by side doubles that can have an extra seat added to the front, but really haven't got room to get one through the front door, so have to stick to a tandem.

I like the look of the Zoom as the seats can be changed around to face towards you, away from you, facing each other, but wondered if anyone had tried one.

What tandems have you got? I'm bucking the trend here, but I don't want a Phil & Teds!

Mouse
30-12-2009, 04:05 PM
This is the one I'm looking at

http://www.lullaboobaby.co.uk/abc-design---zoom-double-tandem-pushchair-670-p.asp

PixiePetal
30-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Not sure about that one, never seen it.

I have a Jane twin two, takes a Jane 'surfer board' though I don't have one yet. No good if you are short. Comfy and big for kids to ride in, lies down almost flat. I got it from ebay with a car seat which can lie flat and attaches for a tiny one, 2 fantastic cosytoes, raincover and changing bag for £265. Quite bulky when folded if you need to put it in a car - don't bother!

Now need to look for a phil and teds as we have since moved and need to get it on a bus! :rolleyes: Will try and keep it as it is so nice :blush:

sweets
30-12-2009, 04:39 PM
ive got a powertwin and i love it! its light to push, folds up reasonably small for a double, plenty big enough for 2 toddlers. ive not tried it with a buggy board but my friend has one and it fits on fine. i am only 5ft tall and its perfect for me as the handle is able to be set at different heights. its the best pram ever and i would highly recommend it. i got mine from ebay with both car seats and attachments for £200.

i am also a big phil and teds hater too!:laughing:

PixiePetal
30-12-2009, 04:43 PM
ive got a powertwin and i love it! its light to push, folds up reasonably small for a double, plenty big enough for 2 toddlers. ive not tried it with a buggy board but my friend has one and it fits on fine. i am only 5ft tall and its perfect for me as the handle is able to be set at different heights. its the best pram ever and i would highly recommend it. i got mine from ebay with both car seats and attachments for £200.

Bargain!!

I don't actually like phil and teds, but for practicalities I may have to put up with it for the bus - very limited space on a village bus full of elderly passengers with assorted sticks/trollies :laughing: Feel bad enough with a single :rolleyes:

Will be keeping my Jane, kids get a better ride and are not in the basket :laughing: :thumbsup:

Twinkles
30-12-2009, 04:54 PM

I agree, I lovemy Jane Powertwin, it's lovely to push.

I always think the P & T's leave the child in the back very low to the ground and without much of a view !

Mouse
30-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Can you change the seat positions on the Powertwin so that the babies are facing you? Does it fold with the seats in place?

I currently use the First Wheels single & have the one year old facing me, which is what I like about the Zoom. I have to remove the seat to fold the First Wheels, which actually makes it more compact & easier to store. The Zoom is the same - you remove the seats to fold it. And, if I wanted to use it as a single, I could just leave one of the seats off!

I'm so tempted by the Zoom, but think the Janes look much nicer.

sweets
30-12-2009, 05:25 PM
you can have the babies facing either way if they are in the car seats but not when in the actual pram seats if you know what i mean. ive never actaully tried the car seats on it so i dont know if it would fold with them on, i doubt it though. the actual pram i s easy to fold and the back wheels just pop off if necc, i take them off to get it in my car but i dont have to, its just easier and lighter to lift if the back wheels are removed, only takes a sec to get them on and off. when folded the front wheel does stick up a bit, it folds down tho i think. my car is a medium sized hatch back and i can fit it in the boot along with my single. i lent it to a friend a while ago and she struggled to get it in her saloon boot because of the way the front wheel sticks up so it depends what kind of car you have to wether it will fit in but a hatchback would be fine, even a small car.