PDA

View Full Version : New Pushchair????

Fabby
30-12-2009, 10:39 AM
hi

I am setting up at the moment and i have just been told by someone that you need BRAND NEW pushchair and not used and ofsted will want to see receipts.... due to safety reasons..... is this correct has i was hoping i could grab a bargain on ebay

Thanks for reading x

caz3007
30-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I have a double and a single and neither are new. Ofsted havent asked me, just asked if I had them. Mind you cant miss the double one :) She put her coat over it

TheBTeam
30-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I could be wrong but i have never heard that you have to have anything brand new (not just pushchairs), i would have said that as long as you have examined and are happy with the quality, safety etc then you can use second hand, it just requires the same risk assessments and checking as you would anything that you use.

The only thing obviously to be wary of second hand is car seats, as it is not worth the risk if you do not know the history.

beccas
30-12-2009, 12:00 PM
i think someone is telling you a load of bull i asked ofsted on my last inspection 7 dec 2009 about buying a new double pushchair was it ok to buy 2nd hand she said a slong as i had checked it over and risk assess it before every use then there would be know prob. as for reciets (sp) you only have to keep these for accs and ofsted never ask to see these. hth

Hebs
30-12-2009, 12:18 PM
the only thing i bought brand new was car seats :thumbsup:

Annie_T
30-12-2009, 12:26 PM
tbh i dont think ofsted care as long as they are useable and safe .. they never wanted to see mine & they understand we cant buy everything new.

i got my buggys off ebay - printed the reciprt and placed into my accounts.

FizzysFriends
30-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I think this is mis information.

Is it a council thing? I was given money by the council and told I was not to use it buy second hand car seats, may be some councils go even futerh?

Fabby
30-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info, a friend of mine who is also setting up told me this, she is from another part of the country though, maybe shes got her wires crossed. Iam glad though cos can get real bargains off ebay!!!
thanks guys