PDA

View Full Version : No calls since sept :(

MrsT333
30-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi
In the town where i live, there are 3 of us childminders, but not 1 of us has had a call since aug/sept.........i only have 2 LO's on my book, my lowest amount ever, & no after schoolies, the other 2 childminders have full & pt time spaces...
what are other areas like?
who else is quiet or is business booming?

30-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I am in Crawley near Gatwick and for me business is booming :) . I am currently fully booked and know other childminders in my area that are in the same situation. Hopefully things will pick up for you soon x

angeldelight
30-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear you have had no calls

Hope things start to pick up for you in the new year

Sending good luck vibes

Angel xxx

Ripeberry
30-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I've not had any calls since October and I think it is mainly the South West and West country that seems to have lots of vacancies...could be wrong mind you.
But around here, even the pre-schools and primary schools are struggling to get enough kids to keep open :(
I've got two on my books and they are part-time. The primary school is tiny (only 60 kids) and lots of people around here are stay at home mums or have lots of relatives who do the CM.
Hope things pick up for you soon :thumbsup:

Zoomie
30-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I think a lot of it is because parents can't access our vacancy information.

Info was obviously still up and functional at the end of Aug, as I got a lot of enquries then, but since they have changed it (and the horse up it has become), not a whisper of a vacancy.

I did find my info on the new system a few weeks ago (but 7 pages away from my postcode), now I can find nothing, even 50 miles from my postcode :mad: .

fionamal
30-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Its very quiet up here aswell. Had no calls since July but then again there is alot of unemployment just now.

PixiePetal
30-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Has been very quiet since the summer. Last month I saw 3 part time families and they are all starting between Jan and March. Still need more though as one is temp till Easter.

I am in Sussex.

WildMonkies
30-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Hopefully people are waiting to get Christmas out the way and then the calls will flow in! :clapping:

Tink
30-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I've got 5 children on my books and have a new child starting in the new year after school.
I'm going to do some more advertising in the new year. I have only been childminding 6 months have now found my ft, feel very confident and am ready for more:clapping:

Tatjana
30-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I get lots of enquiries for after school care...but never from the school my children go to, argh!

I've signed a FT mindee 2 weeks ago.:thumbsup:

xx

balijay
30-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I have 4 on my books - 3 part time and 1 full time, however I only got these because I am very flexible (I offer evening and weekend care/odd hours etc). Could you offer something like this to try and increase your mindees? :)

tulip0803
30-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I have 4 on my books - 3 part time and 1 full time, however I only got these because I am very flexible (I offer evening and weekend care/odd hours etc). Could you offer something like this to try and increase your mindees? :)

I have always offered this but I only have one LO other minders are slightly better off as they have lived here longer & have siblings etc. Since starting here last year I have always had LOs but have never been full.
I am the only minder here that offers ad hoc, eves, weekends & bank hols. It is really hard to get a job here. I have one mum who has been trying for 6 months now & really wants me to have her children but cannot find a job. Hopefully it will pick up in the spring as there is a new shopping centre opening in the nearest town with new shops - opens April so fingers crossed.