PDA

View Full Version : numbers help!

chewy sweets
29-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I currently have 2 mindees under 2 plus my own lo who's 19 months. I've had anenquiry for a 12monthold every wednesday. I know this would take me over my numbers! However, 1 of my mindees is only with me till midday on wednesays.
My question is my partner is self employed and would he be able to look after my lo in our house so i could take on this new mindee? Meaning i would only be responsible for the 3 mindees and not my son. Until midday when 1 mindee leaves and i can have my son back for my partner to go back to work?

Does this sound possible or would my partner have to take my son out for the morning? Can't really afford to turn down work so i'm trying to work out how i can do this!

FizzysFriends
29-12-2009, 08:58 PM
It doesn't work like that, your child is always taken into account, doesn't matter if they are with you or not. So no, if your OH took your LO out you still couldn't take on another mindee. Sorry.

chewy sweets
29-12-2009, 09:59 PM
It doesn't work like that, your child is always taken into account, doesn't matter if they are with you or not. So no, if your OH took your LO out you still couldn't take on another mindee. Sorry.

But i know other cm's who have put their lo's into a creche for a day or so so they can take on other children????

FizzysFriends
29-12-2009, 10:01 PM
But i know other cm's who have put their lo's into a creche for a day or so so they can take on other children????

They will be over their numbers then, as far as I know there is no way of increasing your numbers by sending your children elsewhere.

Lou
29-12-2009, 10:15 PM
My fizzy friend is correct, only way you could get round it is to apply for a variation, but they normally only agree to that if its for continuity of care x

chewy sweets
29-12-2009, 10:16 PM
They will be over their numbers then, as far as I know there is no way of increasing your numbers by sending your children elsewhere.

I'm in wales so could itbe different here???

brightstar
30-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi Katie, I don't think its allowed, but phone your CSSIW Inspector and discuss it with her. Mine was really helpful when I had a query about twins. Hope it works out for you.

Mummits
30-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I think you might be able to register your partner with OFSTED as an assistant, then apply to them to be allowed to increase your numbers when working with an assistant. Might be worth enquiring if this would be likely to be agreed first, as I understand it's not always that straightforward.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-12-2009, 08:46 AM
You cannot swap and change responsibility but you could take on hubby as an assistant. Wouldn't take long as he would already have his CRB cleanrance and you just need a letter from Ofstged saying that he is acceptable.