PDA

View Full Version : sun tan policies

childminder54
07-03-2008, 04:16 PM
do we have to have a policie form for permission to apply the sun tan cream on the children the parents give us. I know it is not summer yet I wish but going through polices I HAVE this is getting madder by the day next we will need a policie of parents to go to the toilet thats if we have time with all the extra work we are going to be doing come sept for eyfs that when mine is due..

minding to 8oclock to night and 9,15 tomorrow only got sunday of then back to work monday i must be mad.

veronicaxxx:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
There is one here

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
you can get a permission form from the NCMA web site for sunblock

HTH x

miffy
07-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I have a permission slip to apply sun cream which parents sign

It also says they must supply the child's own sun cream in an original bottle with the child's name on it

Miffy xx

Tatia
07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Out of curiosity, why do you suppose we need the sunblock permission form? I always assumed it was because of the potential for an allergic reaction. My husband thinks it's because we will be touching the child and that's why we need it. That thought had never even crossed my mind but now I wonder if it's a bit of both?

Whaddya think?

childminder54
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I know at my local school you have to put it on before they go to school. because of touching the children world has gone mad.

veronicaxxx

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes you have to do that at our school also

But you can understand it in a school they are not going to be wanting to put it on a whole class of children and you know what kids are like if left to it themselves - be using up the whole bottle in one application haha

The world does seem to have gone mad though I agree

xxx

sarah707
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it's for touching the children as sunblock potentially has to go under skirts etc doesn't it... or maybe it's for allergies, not sure.

I also add into my permission that if a child doesn't have sun cream with them and I consider it dangerous to their skin to be outside, I will put my own on - it will be factor 30+ and hypoallergenic.

I have to do school runs and I will not let a child burn because a parent hasn't supplied something... :D

miffy
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
I think it's because we have to touch the children to put the sun cream on

Miffy xx

berkschick
07-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Thats crazy when we are changing their nappies anyway!

I dont have a permission form to change nappies, should I have??

I thought the suncream thing was something to do with some creams containing peanut oil but maybe I am wrong.

miffy
07-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Thats crazy when we are changing their nappies anyway!

I dont have a permission form to change nappies, should I have??

I thought the suncream thing was something to do with some creams containing peanut oil but maybe I am wrong.

I don't have a permission form to change the nappies but I do to put on nappy cream

Miffy xx

berkschick
07-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes, I do for creams too actually but not for using wipes.

miffy
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Parents provide their own wipes so I don't have permission forms for that

Tbh I get fed up with all the paperwork it just drives me batty - I'd rather have it than not if its needed but think sometimes common sense left years ago and paperwork took over - soory moan over

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
I agree Miffy

I dont have paperwork all the time to be honest for some things - I do use common sense

Angel xx

berkschick
08-03-2008, 09:48 AM
I will have a policy for suncream, I heard you need one even if the children provide their own.

It just seems really silly that it could be because we are touching the children to apply it when we are touching them anyway!

Better get a new ink cartridge before the sun appears! The mindees files are getting thicker and thicker lol

bubbly
08-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I have a section in my permission forms for applying suncream. It states that the bottle must be clearly labelled with the child's name.

I'll remind parents closer to summer that their child will need suncream providing as it's possibly not something they'll automatically think of.

ChocolateChip
10-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I use morton michel contracts and they have a section about using suncream and other sorts of protection, the parent has to choose an option that they like basically, and you write the extras in a space at the end (sunhat, drinking plenty of fluids , etc). Saves me having to have extra permission forms as there are several sections it covers like transport, photos, garden play equipment and so on.
But I do have a policy on sun protection adapted from the Bromley site.
Nikki.

:)

Twinkles
10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I also have a bit to fill in on my daily diary sheets to say when suncream was applied.