PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a Britax Prince car seat?

Cazz
29-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I need to get another car seat for my baby mindees and Kiddicare have got one of these in the sale for £64.99.

I've got a Britax King Plus for my dd and it is brilliant - fits our Sharan perfectly and very comfortable, but it's very heavy. As I will only be using the new one on certain days the Britax Prince seems much more lightweight but looks similar to the King Plus.

Before I order it I wondered if anyone has any comments on it?

Thanks!

littletreasures
29-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Sorry, don't know, but wanted to say I have the King Plus as well. I love the fact you can tip the seat forward to secure the car seatbelt in place, makes it so much easier and you can get it tighter as well.

tulip0803
29-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I have one and am really pleased with it. I got it as the middle seat in my Galaxy only has a lap belt & it can be used with one. It is lighter than my other Britax seat of this age group and is narrow so I can get proper seats in all three car seats on the middle row with room to get at the belts to put them in/take out.

I don't take mine in & out though as it is on the lap belt it takes me sitting in chair & DH to pull the strap to ensure that it is fitted right. It fits really securely and doesn't have any wobble. The children look comfy in it too.:clapping:

There are reviews for it on the Argos site http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/3763681/reviews.htm

Cazz
29-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks tulip - I think I'll go ahead and order it as it seems a really good buy! None of those reviews mention the fit in a VW Sharan but I'm hopeful it will be okay as my King Plus fits brilliantly (I know that's partly due to tipping the seat forward and fixing onto the belt though).

It's good to know that you can fix it in with just a lapbelt - if I get really busy I have the option of using the middle seat as well!!

This seat will only be used occasionally for short journeys so I'm sure it will be fine - seems to be well padded and has side impact protection which is a bonus.

Thanks again for your help :thumbsup:

tulip0803
30-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Hopefully should be alright - Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan are all v similar same body different trims:) .

Cazz
31-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Hopefully should be alright - Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan are all v similar same body different trims:) .

Hope so - although mine is an old Sharan :(